Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shows that were popular that you absolutely despised. From start to finish. Couldn't understand the appeal of them at all.

I've already listed some of mine:

Oprah
Roseanne
The Cosby Show
Idol
Gre/a/ys

From back in the day:

Family Affair -- Although I loved Sebastian French's voice (especially from The Jungle Book), I wanted to whap Jodie and toss Mrs Beasley over the balcony and watch Buffy just melt down. Couldn't stand the treacly, feel-good, icky-sweetness of FA. And Johnnie Whittaker's weirdo Midwestern accent: Well gosh Uncle Bey-oll.

Maude -- Set my teeth on edge. I like Bea Arthur for her Broadway work, but as a sitcom. ~~shiver!!~~

Happy Days -- It was okay for a season or two but then it completely forgot it was set in the 1950s and became merely The Fonzie Show. Ick.

Home Improvement -- Tim gets frustrated with a home appliance. Juices it up ala Lucy/Ethel. Mayhem ensues. Repeat for an interminable number of seasons

60 Minutes -- I have always been suspicious of this 'news' show has having an alternate agenda. No other show I can think of has as many cuts between a question posed and a question answered. Easily manipulated, IMHO. And Andy Rooney needs to be sent out on an ice floe into the ocean. He's now got scary caterpillar eyebrows. And his musings ramblings ceased being insightful or whimsical back in about 1985.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
It's hard to say what I would hate because if they didn't keep my interest I just didn't watch them. I think I may be one of the only women that doesn't watch Grey's, it's not a hate thing but just couldn't get interested in it. I don't need one more show to watch anyway. LOL

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Any of the CSI type shows and most medical dramas. I watched the first two series of Grey's Anatomy and then gave up on it. They bore me.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Greys
Ugly Betty
60 Minutes
Dukes of Hazzard
ANY reality show!! Survivor, Amazing Race,Bachelor........
Fall Guy
Sopranos
Baywatch

·
Registered
529 Posts
lost
csi(and all csi type shows)
austin stevens
idol
gossip girl
er
i carly
drake and josh
shows i either hated or just dont have time for
frasier i hated when i was younger now not so much
greys anatomy i dont hate just dont have time for it

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
er

ER dropped off our favorites list after occupying a high spot for a long time. But once Romano was decapitated by a helicopter, I was done.....

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
all reality shows
all talk shows
all incarnations of CSI
er

pretty much anything i find boring.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I am horrified by those reality shows where they trick people in real life. I just don't get that humour at all :no: (I'm a born sucker, I'd be the one they'd all be laughing at for being so stupid as to believe a stranger in need, or whatever)

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
hated:

Love Boat
Fantasy Island
Dallas
Walker Texas Ranger
CSPAN (that counts, right)
That 70's Show
Married w/Children
Three's Company
ER (liked it a few years ago)

any current sitcom because I stopped watching them a LONG time ago

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Any reality show

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I don't think I have ever hated a show as much as I hate Worst Week. I would run those people over with a car.

I hate all the Law & Order shows. Their tagline of Ripped From the Headlines really means Couldn't Think of Our Own Idea So Here's One We Stole From The Newpaper.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
All In The Family. Worst show EVER.

Bigoty, racism, and just plain dumb unfunny stuff. Archie Bunker is just flat out annoying. My #1 most hated show that I have ever seen.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Figalilly said:
All In The Family. Worst show EVER.

Bigoty, racism, and just plain dumb unfunny stuff. Archie Bunker is just flat out annoying. My #1 most hated show that I have ever seen.
In context, when it first came out it was revolutionary!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Survivor........*shudder* I would rather gouge my eyes out lol.
Any day time soap.
Sex In The City
Greys Anatomy (and spin offs)
ER
Desperate Houswives
Fraiser ( in that gouge my eyes out and rip my ears off section)
Seinfield (same catagory as Survivor and Fraiser)
Cheers
Dancing With The Stars (*VOMIT*)
Everybody Loves Raymond (no they don't!!!!)
The Golden Girls
The Waltons
CSI
The Closer
The OC
Beyond The Break
Baywatch
Saved By The Bell
S Club
Anything with Rachel Ray in it. Someone really needs to give that woman a cough drop!!!
Malcom In The Middle
American Dad

I think thats it lol.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts