Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of the terrible storms the last few nights, all the dogs have been allowed to "slumber party" with us in the bedroom.

Very early this morning (3:15) I heard a *paw paw pawing* from Paddy's sleeping couch at the foot of the bed. I raised myself to check (I know this not a familiar sound) and there is Flynn on Pad's couch.

Uh-oh... I went to him, head trembles, but not much more than that. Tudor got up to get sugar for Flynn, and we soothed Flynnie through it.

It was a very mild event but we are still sorting things out with his meds.

Oh... he got his legs under him very quickly (post ictal) and that was a wonderful thing for me to see.

I'm sorry to bore with these posts, but they help me to cope.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Oh Nance. Poor Flynn. I am glad it was a small one. Maybe the storms got him worked up. (((((HUGS)))))

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Ohhhhh, poor Flynnie. (((((HUGS))))) to both of you. I'm glad it was a small one though...

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Oh Flynnie at least mom and dad were nearby and it was a small one.

Hope those storms go away quickly.

Tell mom we like to hear how you are doing.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Nance did the sugar seem to help or did it not last long enough to tell?

Poor dear - I'm sure it calms him just to know mom & dad are with him.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Oh wow...sorry to hear. I'm glad it was a small one and that you guys were there. And please keep posting...we want to know Flynn is ok..

·
Registered
870 Posts
Tugg has been having similiar seizures for over a year now. The vet did lots of lab work but found nothing abnormal. We have noticed less the past few months, not sure why (although we did change food brands). I had not thought of sugar and am going to try that with the next one. Thanks for the idea. Hope Flynn doesn't have any more for a long time!

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
You guys have been having a rough time; I hope things smooth out for you all and you have a nice, quiet and peaceful stretch (for like, the next 20 years or so). Glad Flynn is ok!

·
Registered
868 Posts
I appreciate your posts. It is a 'hang in there' for me and reassuring to know that Reba and I are not alone with this distressing disease. And definitely not boring. I am very interested in knowing about meds or not meds, just in case I have to go the meds route. So please let us know what is working or not working for Flynn.

Hugs to all.

I am hoping that seizures stay away until we get the dog food thing sorted out since our NB was recalled. Reba had a seizure at the time of the recall and had vomited a couple of days prior, but blood tests came back okay. She just seems off, but only a mother would notice. And when you are a paranoid mother, the vet will not listen.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Oh Nance, I'm sorry that happened but I'm glad it was just a little one and he recovered so quickly. Good thoughts for Flynnie that it's a very long time before it happenes again (or better yet, never).

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Small seizures are not bad things, they are good things when you think what the alternative could be. It will never be boring to hear how Flynn is doing.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Aww Flynn, glad you were with Mom and Dad. Prayers that the major seizures are thing of the past.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Hugs to you and to Flynn and best thoughts that if they have to occur, they will continue to be the smallest of the small!

Frances

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Maybe a little one just helps to unwind the spring a bit as opposed to waiting for a big one.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Sorry to see you go thru this again - but it means you're finding the optimum med dosage doesn't it? (and how long to go between dosages!) God, Nance - hope this works to all of your advantage for prevention of future seizures!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts