Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of the terrible storms the last few nights, all the dogs have been allowed to "slumber party" with us in the bedroom.

Very early this morning (3:15) I heard a *paw paw pawing* from Paddy's sleeping couch at the foot of the bed. I raised myself to check (I know this not a familiar sound) and there is Flynn on Pad's couch.

Uh-oh... I went to him, head trembles, but not much more than that. Tudor got up to get sugar for Flynn, and we soothed Flynnie through it.

It was a very mild event but we are still sorting things out with his meds.

Oh... he got his legs under him very quickly (post ictal) and that was a wonderful thing for me to see.

I'm sorry to bore with these posts, but they help me to cope.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Nance did the sugar seem to help or did it not last long enough to tell?

Poor dear - I'm sure it calms him just to know mom & dad are with him.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Tugg has been having similiar seizures for over a year now. The vet did lots of lab work but found nothing abnormal. We have noticed less the past few months, not sure why (although we did change food brands). I had not thought of sugar and am going to try that with the next one. Thanks for the idea. Hope Flynn doesn't have any more for a long time!

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
You guys have been having a rough time; I hope things smooth out for you all and you have a nice, quiet and peaceful stretch (for like, the next 20 years or so). Glad Flynn is ok!

·
Registered
868 Posts
I appreciate your posts. It is a 'hang in there' for me and reassuring to know that Reba and I are not alone with this distressing disease. And definitely not boring. I am very interested in knowing about meds or not meds, just in case I have to go the meds route. So please let us know what is working or not working for Flynn.

Hugs to all.

I am hoping that seizures stay away until we get the dog food thing sorted out since our NB was recalled. Reba had a seizure at the time of the recall and had vomited a couple of days prior, but blood tests came back okay. She just seems off, but only a mother would notice. And when you are a paranoid mother, the vet will not listen.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Oh Nance, I'm sorry that happened but I'm glad it was just a little one and he recovered so quickly. Good thoughts for Flynnie that it's a very long time before it happenes again (or better yet, never).

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Maybe a little one just helps to unwind the spring a bit as opposed to waiting for a big one.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Sorry to see you go thru this again - but it means you're finding the optimum med dosage doesn't it? (and how long to go between dosages!) God, Nance - hope this works to all of your advantage for prevention of future seizures!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.