Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The girls get a nice treat of some ham and eggs on Sunday mornings following our brunch. Some Sundays, we play what my SU has termed the "O" game. To play this game with your favorite lab(s) follow the steps below:

1) Place the delicious dog brunch items in the dog's bowl.

2) Put your dog in a sit/lie stay, or whatever else might amuse you. Sometimes, I make the girls wait at the threshold of the patio doors, door open of course, for this step.

3) Making eye contact with your dog(s), form your mouth in the shape of an "O". The dogs at this point will be thinking you are going to say "Okay", and release them to get their delicious brunch.

4) WRONG! You will now say every other "O" word you can think of, like "orange", "oodles", "onion", "olives", "Oklahoma", "other". It's always fun to see which "O" word your dog thinks is the release word. Oklahoma has been the first and last word to trick my two.

5) Finally, after torturing your beloved lab, say the release word "Okay" and allow them to eat their brunch that they have patiently waited for.

Have fun everybody!!

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
;D Cute game!
Your girls are spoiled rotten...ham & eggs...wow. Can I come over for brunch?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I want to know how big the puddle of drool on the floor gets before you release them???
Lucky dogs, Tally and Mischa only get a marrow bone......

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am sure Boo would find some way to punish me if I ever tormented her like this :) I will have to try it!

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zoesmom said:
;D Cute game!
Your girls are spoiled rotten...ham & eggs...wow. Can I come over for brunch?
Anytime Linda!! Anytime!

Mischasmom said:
I want to know how big the puddle of drool on the floor gets before you release them???
Lucky dogs, Tally and Mischa only get a marrow bone......
Hehehe, actually, no puddles at all! They drool way worse waiting for us to finish supper then waiting for their brunch. I'm not sure why that is.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
HAHAHA!!

I have started playing this game when releasing boys from stays. In a tone of voice similar to Chevy Chase's "Land Shark." It's fun to watch them flinch. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts