Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my lab life I guess I've kind of missed out on that part.

Paddy would occasionally pull it off but mostly he was a "square sitter". However, he did have the best "frog" layout of all seven of my dogs.

Seamus is absolutely a square sitter... always. He doesn't do the frog or hike his leg to pee, either. :(

Flynn? In five years I've never seen his butt on the ground long enough to know what kind of natural sitter he is. He's always on the move or leaping high into the air to snag a tennisball or sound asleep on his side.

Should I be in search of my next lab? Just to have the experience of a sloppy sitter? Do you think that would be a good enough reason to add another? j/k

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Nance, I think you need another yellow, one that does the sloppy sit. ;)

The boys almost always do the typical Lab sloppy sit. About the only time they sit straight and square is when they are hoping for a treat. Then they are at full attention. Neither one does the frog legs, though. :( Champ will do what I call his Sphinx position, where he lays straight, head up and alert, paws crossed, back end square and neat.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Champ will do what I call his Sphinx position, where he lays straight, head up and alert, paws crossed, back end square and neat.
I love this particular pose. It's one Seamus is fond of. :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I guess there's no doubt about what Harley does when he sits. I thought it was only him that sat that way... :)

Kevin

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Flynn? In five years I've never seen his butt on the ground long enough to know what kind of natural sitter he is. He's always on the move or leaping high into the air to snag a tennisball or sound asleep on his side.
Oh, Flynn, you have a specail place in my heart!

FWIW, Payton is not a member of the sloppy sit club either.:(

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
LOL Nance!

Here are some pics of my boyz, so that you can get your sloppy sit fix! Henry almost always sits sloppy, unless he's in the obedience ring, and then he will do the Henery-spread (splayed sit). Ollie almost always sits pretty, nice and square and tight, though I've caught him doing the Henery-spread as well, and a few times, sitting sloppy. lol.

Love the goobs.

Here is Henery sitting half-square, half-spread. Ollie is sloppy-sitting and little baby Sierra is sitting nice and square!

Both boyz doing the spread...

Last, but not least, this pic cracks me up every time I see it. ;)

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Baloo is pretty good for sitting square most of the time. Especially in obedience, he never, ever sloppy sits. Ever. :) But he will indulge at home from time to time. ;)

Peanut is perfectly square at all times. She sits square taking up the smallest area possible, "downs" in a perfect sphinx position - any less would not befit the lady that she is. :p

A good example of the differences:

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Tal does the sloppy sit, unless he is about to get a treat or is waiting for me to throw his ball! Barney only sits when he is about to get a treat. otherwise, its lying dow form him, like he is now, with his head hanging off the edge of the chair.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I got myself a sloppy little sitter too, although she'll be a good girl and sit square if I tell her to sit, so lets hope that is what does in the rally/obedience ring!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Of course you need another lab! Who doesn't!!?! ;)

Dozer is only 3 months old and hubby and I are already planning to get him a sister when he's 2-3 years old. :D

·
Registered
430 Posts
I thought it must be a girl thing until recently as I had never noticed Ben doing the 'sloppy sit' but lately he seems to be doing it too. My two girls used to do it.

Chrissie and Ben

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
M&J are sloppy sitters. Mitzi never sat straight in her life. I love H&O"S pictures! Bruno often does the spread. I have never seen that last one Henery is doing, don't even know what to call it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts