Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched this last night for the first time. Weird show.... BUT that being said, Minnie Driver is FABULOUS in this show. Wow...she really does an awesome job. I know it's on episode 9 already and I have probably missed all of the important background episodes. But, if anyone watches, could you tell me who is the brother in law character that is after the family and why?
oh and why does the little boy dress as a girl? ::)

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Been watching this show from the beginning. Unfortuntly starting to lose interest, the first 3 episodes were great, after that it was more of a filler. If you see episode 1 you would never know that was Minni Driver, she had Corn rows, looked like crap.

Have know idea why the little boy dresses up like a girl, could be something refrencing back to Izzy(Wayne - the dad), he is a cross dresser in real life.

BIL is after the family because Wayne stole $40,000 from the "Group" and left town.

Will keep watching just to see if it peaks my interest.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah ok thanks very much... I cant imagine her in corn rows looking like crap! She looked so good on last night's episode.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I've only caught an episode or two of that show. I never in a million years would've guessed that the guy playing the husband is Eddie Izzard. He looks SO different. I guess it's the facial hair and lack of women's makeup. ;D I love his standup routines. They're very well-thought out, and he's a riot.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
I just started watching the show too and I agree- Minnie Driver is excellent.
If you go to this link, you should be able to find episode recaps.
I think the little boy just likes to dress in girls clothes, so the let him. Not really sure.
From what I gather, the brother in law is after them because his brother took money from the family.
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/theriches/

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Hunter said:
Have know idea why the little boy dresses up like a girl, could be something refrencing back to Izzy(Wayne - the dad), he is a cross dresser in real life.
This is exactly what it is. Eddie Izzard wrote the character to reflect his own childhood. If you've seen his stand-up routine, you're familiar with his cross-dressing.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Hunter said:
That's a really good point.

G

·
SPOILERS CONTAINED HERE - Beware Canadians!

They are Travelers (not the insurance company, BTW) and they have basically had a set of circumstances arise wherein they have assumed the identities of a family that died in a car accident that they were involved in (did not technically cause). The family was very wealthy and moving to a new gated McMansion community. They have basically been living out the other family's lives since then. It is a great series and Minnie Driver is extraordinary!

The money thing relates to the bankroll that Wayne took from the dying clan leaders safe. He was Daliah's (Minnie) father and he was aware of Wayne taking the money (lying in the bed right next to the safe) and he did not sound an alarm - IMO an implicit approval. When the missing money was discovered, and Wayne, Daliah and kids were gone - the pursuit ensued.

Minnie's character is so layered and complicated and both her and Eddie's performances have been incredible!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts