Just Labradors banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll cross post this to both Training Tips & Puppy Advice and to Lab Chat since it's applicable to those readers, too.

"The Puppy Diaries" is a series of weekly columns by Jill Abramson in the NY Times about raising a Golden Retriever puppy in New York City and nearby environs. Socializing, training, teething & biting issues, exercise, health & insurance, etc., etc., are covered.

Up to this week, there've been 9 columns -- of at least an anticipated 52?

IMO, while the column is well written, reading the readers' comments about any of the issues brought up gives an enormous amount of further depth and perspective.

For example, one of the recent columns I'd not previously read dealt with the issue of pet health insurance. Jill's column was good but the comments by the readers on their actual experiences with the different companies were great and very educational.

You can find the index to past columns and topics and their links here:

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/features/homeandgarden/series/the_puppy_diaries/index.html

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks Bob Pr. I have bookmarked her site and am reading the articles, as you mentioned they are good. Especially those of us that have new pups and lots of questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts