Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 91 y.o. grandmother fell last night and broke her femur, there's also a chip of bone they need to find. She's heavily sedated in the hospital now and surgery is the only option, the surgeon will be in tomorrow and let us know what they can do for her. Her biggest fear was falling. She's my strength most of the time, I'm really not ready to let her go yet. She's in Maryland and since she's so sedated she won't even know whether or not I'm there, so I'm just sitting here waiting. It's a horrible feeling..

UPDATE 4/9/07 a.m.:
News isn't all that great, my grandmother was diagnosed with Lymphoma/Leukemia a few months ago which had been dormant for so many years, it affects her blood count. This is the update I just got: "Grandma won't be having surgery today as her blood count is very low once again and she is very dehydrated. They are going to give her blood and are rehydrating her. The break is very bad and in a very bad place, so they need to do the surgery as soon as possible (hopefully tomorrow), but have to wait until her blood count is back up. They're keeping her sedated to alleviate her pain. "
Keep those JL prayers coming. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Re: The power of JL good thoughts please

Oh no, Randi!

Good thoughts and prayers incoming for you and your Grandma!

·
Registered
16,472 Posts

Sorry to hear that, Randi.
Very Good Thoughts for your grandmother making their way speedily over the Pacific.

Hang in there, and update us when you can, okay?

·
Registered
6,788 Posts

Oh goodness. Many good thoughts!!! Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts

oh gosh randi :(

I'll be sending some good thoughts to your grandmom and to you. If there's anything I can do to help feel free to pm me, and I'll do my best to help out.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts

Sending good thoughts for your Grandmother

·
Registered
8,812 Posts

Sending good thoughts and prayers for your Grandmother.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts

Oh dear; I know exactly what you're feeling. Prayers that the surgery will go well and she will heal. It's going to be a long road for her for awhile. Just try to be strong for her! PM me if you need to talk. Hugs, Sandy

·
Registered
8,657 Posts

Prayers and healing thoughts for your grandma on their way. ((((((hugs))))))

1 - 20 of 48 Posts