Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The parents of an extended family that's adopted me are having their 50th wedding anniversary this afternoon (reception) and dinner & dance (shortly). Their SIL, Brent Deshazer, is the photograper who took the JL siggy pix (plus others) of Puff and me.

Brent came up to me, smiling, and said, "you know that B&W portrait of you and Puff I have displayed in the entrance hall to my studio?" (Yes, he'd previously said he's entering it in a state-wide competition of professional photographers -- I thought perhaps it'd placed 3rd or 2nd.)

Brent does most of his business with HS kids (year books, photo albums, etc.), some with family portaits, a very few with pets -- which he'd like to increase.

He said that among adults (not HS students :confused: :D) none of the pix displayed in the hallway gets as many positive comments from them as the 16" x 20" B&W of Puff and me. He now wishes he'd made it larger, or in color. He thinks he'll do a larger one in color printed on canvas later this summer.

Brent recently resigned a US gov't job to go into business for himself. Not the greatest time with this economy but he's surviving, thanks to fairly aggressive marketing to the HS trade (he has 2 teenage daughters that probably hone his instincts). He said he's making it OK and, when the economy rebounds, he'll be in a position to do better.

Here's a link to his pet photos including the B&W of Puff in his entrance hall.

http://blog.deshazerstudios.com/?cat=15

Gotta get back to the dinner and dance.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Bob - those photos are beautiful. You can see the love pass back and forth between Puff and you. What beautiful memories to have for a lifetime. Congrats to the photographer too. He is very good. :)

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Brent has the genius to carefully survey and then snap the frames at just the right fleeting moments that capture on film/digital reservoir the desired emotional reactions.

I'm in awe of his talent, his ability to do that -- the "landscape" is always changing, millisecond to millisecond.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts