Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like it. I have to get used to Vista, but it is fast. I am still nervous I will screw it up somehow. My younger son stopped before work tonight & set it up for me. Of course I will have to get new programs since all my old ones are not compatable with Vista. :(

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Georgie, ask your son to show you where to find the compatibility thing that tells Vista to use an older version of Windows with certian programs. Most of what you have will be usable on your new computer.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Congrats on the new computer Georgie! I freq. look forward to a new computer, then overwhelmed at the same time!

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Congrats on the new computer. I have a lenovo with Vista too. Did you get a small "C" hard drive and a large "D" drive?? What do you have for drives?

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jackie - Thanks for the tip. I will ask him. I had several programs I really used alkot. Boy would that be nice. I know we tried to download the Print Shop program, it said it would be compatable with a patch...well it didn't install. SO I did get the newest version that is compatable with Vista.

Mary Jane - :laugh: I do not have a "c" & 'd" drives. I did on my old Sony but not this one. I am a computer illiterate when it comes to that kind of stuff. All I can tell you is: It has an Intel Core Quad processor, 6GB DDR2-800MHz dual channelSDRAM and 1 TB RAID. You probably know what that means...I don't. :laugh:

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Congratulations on your new computer. If I've decyphered my computer spec-ese. It sounds like it's fast with a very big hard drive. :happy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts