Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What breeds do you think are most attractive?

For me:

Afghan Hound is number one. I would not want to have to brush that coat out daily, but I sure love to watch it blow when they run around the ring! ;D

Golden Retriever. Kind eyes, beautiful color and coat texture.

Great Dane. Takes my breath away. So regal.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Borzois. Love watching them move, they just float.

Also, have an occasional petsitting client - probably doberman/shepherd mix - he has the most beautiful movement I've ever seen on a dog, pure or mixed. I could sit and watch him run for hours...

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
I think Labradors are the most attractive. They are not flashy but I love the simplicity of their looks and the kindness of their expressions. I distant second for me would probably be a German Shepard (not the over-angulated show kind though but the working dog that can use its rear legs).

C

·
0 Posts
Well obviously labs! lol ;) Labs just have a great mix of temperament and physique. I have always liked Labradors.

I also like St. Bernard's. Their big heads and eyes kill me!

I like Border Collies, and Beagles- they look stunning when they are kept trim very athletic like labs.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Labs, a 'course!

German Shepherd

Boxer

Doberman

Great Dane

Golden Retriever

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
I have always loved the look of a Doberman.

Of course I think mine are very attractive. ;D

God I miss Haily!!!!

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
hmmm.. in terms of the overall breed just based on physical attractiveness... (ahh jeez... flashback to voting for "best hair" in the high school yearbook! ;D FYI - I didn't win. :-[)

Anyhoo... I'd say that the most attractive is a bernese mountain dog, followed by Saluki and then rhodesian ridgeback.....

hmm... no labs or minpins you say? Overall, as a breed I think minpins are ug-ly..(peanut is a rare exception to that rule, she's beautiful!)

Labs are about mid-pack....... *ducks for cover* ;D ;D

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Dobermans here too! So majestic!
I love Goldens too. They're as beautiful on the outside as they are on the inside.
German Shepherds. Gorgeous!!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Cocker Spaniels

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I'm partial to labbies too, of course. After labs, I adore Dobermans, (love their temperment---when you're part of their family) Bernese Mountain Dogs, then German Shepherds. I actually think Pomeranians have beautiful faces, but more the foxy-style than the show style.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Other dogs besides Labs are attractive? ;D OK Chessies.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
I wouldn't know where to begin. There are so many breeds that I love for so many different reasons. I guess for just sheer snugglability and coat color, I would have to go with Berner.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Labs, of course - the soul just shows in their eyes
Golden Retrievers
black Newfoundlands
Cocker Spaniels
Great Danes

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Labs will always be on the top of my list for attractiveness for me.

I love Newfies too. Someday I would like to have enough room for a dog like that.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
First and foremost, the Labrador of course. Labradors aren't glam or glitzy and that is what attracts me to them. They are muscular and athletic, and I have a real soft spot for those sleek black coats. Unlike many breeds, most Labs look as though they are still capable of a days hard work.

Golden Retrievers. Not the show type but the working type. Athletic and graceful with a rich red coat to die for.

A well bred working type German Shepherd. When bred well these dogs can really take your breath away. So powerful yet they command an air of grace.

Bearded Collies. When brushed to perfection I think they look stunning. I still love these dogs even though I have had nasty run-ins with them in the past.

Rough Collies. A very good friend of my mother has one. Gorgeous dogs to look at.

Gordon and Irish Setters. Wouldn't have either of them but both very handsome.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts