Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen this movie? It was an excellent movie, but very grim as well. There is one particular scene that is still sticking with me and I find myself thinking about it a lot.

Oddly enough, in the beginning of the film I found myself actually liking Amin, even though I knew what a butcher he was... he came across as very likable. I had to keep telling myself... heh, this guy had hundreds of thousands of people murdered...

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Yes! We watched it over the weekend. Whew....that was tough wasn't it? And yes....there are a couple of scenes that I can't seem to shake off. *shudder*

ETA: As we were starting this movie, I was telling John how much I'd love to go to Africa. I went on and on about it. We've been planning a trip to England/France
soon, but I had half convinced myself that I'd rather go to Africa. Well after we watched the movie, I told John that England and France are good. I don't need to
see Africa so much now. :-X

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I just got that for my mom for mother's day. She's been talking about what NPR said about it for weeks but has yet to see it.

I'm glad you guys thought it was well done.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
It's an excellent movie. I thought Forrest Whitaker was just amazing--he really shows how charismatic and likable Amin was, and how he was able to get so many people on his side. Sometimes the most likable ones are the scariest . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts