Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Still have a few hours. I haven't watched in a few years, but going to watch it tonight to see how it ends!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same here, Wendy. I stopped watching when Carter left. But I have been watching this year thus far.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
you betcha

been watching fairly consistently since season two ... the odd of missing more than others but I will miss it ... (like I miss Homicide Life on the Street still)

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I didn't like it. It lost me a few years ago but I watched the last few weeks.

Ernest Borgnine was great, tho'.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I have the last and second last eps sitting on my PVR.. i'll get to that this weekend, i hope.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I gave it a standing ovation all by myself in the basement when it was done. I think they did a brilliant job wrapping it up - they didn't ruin anything, didn't rush to tie up all the loose ends, etc. and it was as awesome as the first episode all those years ago.

We have a saying in the kitchen - " may your last plates of the night go out like the first", meaning that even though you are dog tired and want out of the heat and the pain and the rush and out the door to a cold beer, you don't cut any corners and the last dish is as great as the first of the night when you are fresh.

That's how ER felt to me last night.

Can you tell I stayed up too late?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Didn't watch.

Gave up on ER years ago. Never recovered from Romano's decapitation. Didn't want to see it further devolve into alien kidnappings. Or special-guest star **** Van Patten.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
This was one of my all time favorite shows. I of course watched. My sister and I were texting since she had not kept up and had questions. I was a little disappointed. I thought it was good but could have been better. I don't know what I expected. I was bummed that George Clooney wasn't on the preshow thingy. ER made his career.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Kaz; YES, it reminded me of the first EVER episode...the one that made them a HIT. I just loved Carter's last comment....awesome ending....left it so they could do a special some day...It made me all warm and fuzzy.

I did think Eric LaSalle looked strange...didn't look as good as he always used to.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really enjoyed it.

I did like the ending. Nothing was left hanging, but it didn't just end, y'know?

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Anyone besides me notice the speech that the Aussie doctor gave the intern? She was so upset and said she didn't think she could do it. He gave the same speech Mark gave Carter. That was brilliant. What was the last thing Carter said?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I thought that as an episode it really wrapped things up nicely in terms of having a whole bunch of characters come back, and it showed some cases very much like ones you would see over the years of episodes. What I didn't like was that it seemed to not tie up too many loose ends but I think those were kind of tied up in the last few weeks anyway. Anyhoo, I watched the little summary show before it and I have to say it was disturbing because they showed one scene where a patient bled out from a c-section and died... :( ...I cried...and then in the actual episode there was another lady that died from a vaginal birth!!! :( ...2 deaths in one night and that freaked the pregnant lady right out! :(

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
What did Carter say? The dogs were snoring by then and I think I missed it.

Yeah, Eric LaSalle didn't look very well and neither did the woman who played Elizabeth. I thought Carrie and Susan looked great though.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Carter said to Mark's daughter at the very end when they were all rushing around with the arrivals; Rachel was just sort of standing off and he said.

"you coming Dr. Greene"........ gave me chills......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts