Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Happy Birthday! I am a HUGE Elvis fan. In fact Clint is named for Elvis's first movie role in Love Me Tender - he played Clint Reno. I celebrated today by listening to him all day.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
What do you mean, would have been? You're not buying that whole Elvis is Dead b.s. are you?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
dweck said:
zoop

That's Elvis' enitire appeal. Going right over my head.
Me too, BTW I had some of my old vinyl records out one day listening to them, Pink floyd before Darkside of the Moon in fact. Rita came in and told me she never like that kind of music cause it was druggy music.

Guess what my comment was the next time she listened to Elvis. ;)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I liked Elvis a lot, but my oldest sister was absolutely nuts about him. When he died, she called me crying so hard I thought she she was going to pass out. :whatever:

·
Registered
490 Posts
I was only 6 years old when he died. I became a fan in high school - the 10th anniversary of his death. There was a resurgence of movies, music, even a t.v. series in 1987 and I was nuts about him.

Just something not a lot of people know - he was actually only fat and disgusting looking for about a year or so before he died. The photos you see of him in a white jumpsuit with leis around his neck when he was thin was from his t.v. broadcast of Aloha from Hawaii which was in 1973 - he was thin and attractive until about 1975 and then slid downhill until his death in 1977.

Young Elvis was certainly a beautiful man. I just love him. My favorite music of his is early stuff - 1956 - 1960 but I also like late 60's and early 70's as well.

My oldest daughter is in first grade and at her holiday party "Blue Christmas" came on and she said "This is Elvis!" Her 50-something teacher said "Who said that?" My daughter then told her that she loves Elvis and her mother loves Elvis and shockingly not one other child in her class even knew who Elvis was! I told her to tell them that he is the first and greatest American Idol ever - that might help them relate.

I had this poster on my dorm wall in college and I converted a whole lot of haters when they saw this and listened to some of his music. ;)

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice poster.

I was only in grade school when he passed and never a huge fan. I did like some of his movies and some songs too.

I caught some bio on him last night with some girlfriend back in the day named June.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
My father looked just like him in the 60's! Could have been his twin.... :happy:

I remember vividly when he died. We were in the parking lot at Krauzers going to get milk, when it came on the radio.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
There's always a swarm of people that come around here for his birthday and on the date of his death every year to visit the little shack he was born in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts