Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I think it went pretty well. I was there for two hours! :eek: Half of that was interviewing, the other half was taking tests. Tuesday, I go to the office where I would be working, to meet that manager there and spend a couple of hours with her, seeing how they operate, deciding if it is something I think I want to do.

One *little* detail is making me think a bit, though. :( The owners (two dentists) operate the business according to Dianetics, L. Ron Hubbard's practices. He is the guy who founded Scientology.

Does anyone know anything about that sort of business practice? The paper they gave me to read said that it has absolutely no bearing on my religious beliefs, it is just how they operate and how they want their associates to operate while working.

Can anyone help me here? Anyone? Bueller??

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read that, and a couple of other things I found, and it still doesn't make sense to me. :( I did read Dianetics, at least one of the books, back in the 70s, but cannot for the life of me remember what the whole thing was about.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Yikes! Can they do that? Legally? Tie their medical practice into some religious or metaphysical or other eerie other-worldly belief?

Maybe it won't make a difference in the position you will hold? You know, clocking in is clocking in and performing your duties is performing your duties.

Hmmmm... I'd feel a little wonky over it but if the job description suited me I guess I wouldn't let their beliefs stand in my way.

I think.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I know nothing about it, nor do I care to. As long as they didn't preach the stuff at me, I guess I wouldn't mind. Once they started that, I'd be on the phone to Fieger and filing a lawsuit.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yikes! Can they do that? Legally? Tie their medical practice into some religious or metaphysical or other eerie other-worldly belief?

Maybe it won't make a difference in the position you will hold? You know, clocking in is clocking in and performing your duties is performing your duties.

Hmmmm... I'd feel a little wonky over it but if the job description suited me I guess I wouldn't let their beliefs stand in my way.

I think.
It's not tied to Scientology, it's the Dianetics. I need to read it again and figure out exactly what it is, but it is the way they run the business not how they practice.

Laura - trust me, they try preaching Scientology at me and I will be out of there before the dust settles!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
It's not tied to Scientology, it's the Dianetics. I need to read it again and figure out exactly what it is, but it is the way they run the business not how they practice.
Okay... I got that after I reread your post a couple of times.
I always thought dianetics were things to help you get rid of excess water in your body. Oh wait...

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
can't help witht he Dianetics thing. Sounds strange to me. But at least they're being up front about it - and I'm glad for you that the interview went well.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I hear ya. I went for a "group interview" at a chiropractic office and it was the weirdest thing! About 20 ladies showed up, and upon our arrival, we had our picture taken. He gave us a questionairre which asked things like: What do you think chiropractic is? After this question time, he made us individually stand up and tell everyone why we thought we were the best candidate for the job! LOL It felt like an on the spot question at a beauty pageant! I didn't make the cut, and I was overjoyed!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, that was weird!

There was another woman in the next room, taking the tests when I was being interviewed, and I did not hear them schedule another meeting for her with the Canton office. So, maybe that's a good thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts