Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's making the rounds for the first time this year! Playing it's crazy nursery-rhyme medley that echoes down the street. I love it, because it means summer is coming. ;D ;D I almost want to run out there and get an ice cream sandwich.

Ask me again in September when I've heard all the "Mary Had A Little Lamb" that I can handle.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Sadly.... I think the guy that cruises my neighborhood sells more than ice cream

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
bearsdad said:
Sadly.... I think the guy that cruises my neighborhood sells more than ice cream
What a bleak thought. Our ice cream truck guy cruises the 'hood 12 months a year, from 2:00 PM until about 7:00 PM. I never considered that aspect.

C'mon Janna... let's go get something vanilla-y with a crispy chocolate topping and sprinkles on top of that.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
OUr Ice cream trucks run up to about 10 pm. But get this we have trucks that roll through and sell fish and chicken wings..Yes you did read that write. You can buy chicken wings, fish, shrimp, burgers. The truck looks like its about to fall apart.

I havent bought anything from any of them.

J

·
0 Posts
My next door neighbor drives an ice cream truck! He's a young guy....early 30's I think. He's one of those guys who bounces from job-to-job. He used to be a bartender for a couple of restaurants, then he installed cable and now he drives an ice cream truck. Never heard of that particular career path ::)

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
won't be seeing an icecream truck anytime soon where I live..dirt road, 5 homes, no kids in site..

I remember the icecream truck fondly growing up in the Long Island burbs.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
hmmm - ya.. the ice cream truck guy did sell more than just ice cream when I was in Boston

and I always hated the music! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

bearsdad said:

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and I always hated the music! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
I used to live on a street that had about a million kids and I swear, the guy would just park for 15 minutes and play that **** music... I always thought it was creepy the way the kids would flock to the the truck and run after it. Like the Pied Piper. He could drive off a cliff and all those kids would skip along behind.

The more I think about it, the more I remember that I don't like the ice cream trucks.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Janna and Boomer said:
I used to live on a street that had about a million kids and I swear, the guy would just park for 15 minutes and play that **** music... I always thought it was creepy the way the kids would flock to the the truck and run after it. Like the Pied Piper. He could drive off a cliff and all those kids would skip along behind.

The more I think about it, the more I remember that I don't like the ice cream trucks.
http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/LB/mrsoftee.mp3

Go ahead. Click on it. You know you want to.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
We don't have an ice cream truck around here. I wish we did - it'd be good to bribe the boys with. ;) Oh well, we have an ice cream parlor within walking distance now (it just opened), so we get better ice cream without the fun music.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
omg Janna....our ice cream truck lady is from another country...I can't pinpoint which but she doesnt speak much English.
The truck plays CHRISTMAS CAROL songs all summer long. It cracks us all up to hear jingle bells in June blaring from the speakers.

She is so sweet with the kids and always gives her frequent flyer customers (my kid) airheads for free. We LOVE our ice cream truck lady!
When Katie still played soccer, my DH told her where they had their games and what time the games were...she started showing up at the end and made a killing! So she loves him too. :D

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Our icecream truck comes so late that he has to turn on his headlights.

I don't like the icecream man. He creeps me out. I mean.... WHO WOULD DO THIS? If it were a nice old lady... I would be happy to do that.

HEY.... that gives me an idea for my retirement. I'm gonna run an icecream truck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts