Just Labradors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Hmmm.....looks like water down there."

"Mom, what are you doing with my wubba?"

"I'll just whisper this in your ear so it won't embarrass you. That wubba belongs at home in my toy box, not up here on the dock."

"Mom, you're not putting my wubba down there in that water are you? WHY?"

"Oh, look here, something smells really good. Hang on, Mom, I'll get back with you in a minute."

"Mom, you have a little syrup from breakfast on your chin. Here, let me help you get it off."

"Now see what you did. You put that wubba in the water and you can't get it. Ha-Ha-Ha!"
"WHAT? You want ME to go get it?"

"Does anyone out there think this woman is as crazy as I do?"

"I love you, Mom. I'll do it next time, I promise. I'll go in that water for the wubba, honest. But thank you for letting me have this fun time."

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Beerfish said:
Does hoppy not like water all together or is he just not crazy about jumping? Will he go into a lake with your other dawgs? Those are great photos, I like the hoppy pics and the ones of your dock divers. :D
No, he doesn't seem to like water at all. He will only go in the lake up to his stomach. But I think when it warms up and I can go in the water, that he will come in to me....especially when he sees me playing with Sally and Spud out there in the water.

And he's just barely starting to retrieve now. If I throw his wubba out in the yard, he will go get it about 4 or 5 times and bring it back to me. That is a HUGE improvement.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
He looks great!

And those pictures make one of the best series I've seen in a long time. Outstanding. (BTW, both our labs love swimming, one won't jump from a sheer surface like the edge of a pool at all, and the other only occasionally and never from a running start. It KILLS my husband, he had dreams of having a dock dog!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.