Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My flight from St. Louis to Tulsa was delayed 30 minutes. No problem, Tudor checks these things. Always. Without fail.

We landed at 8:10 PM. I retrieved my luggage and was curbside waiting for Tud by 8:20 PM. No Tudor. Okay, maybe he had to circle around the terminal. That takes three minutes. At 8:35 I went inside to call home; no answer. Good, he's on his way. By 9:00 PM, no Tudor. Something is terribly wrong. I take a taxi home.

Upon arriving home, no car, no Tudor. Dogs good, house just as I would expect it. I call Beth in St. Louis. We deliberate about what to do. Call all the hospital ERs, call the county jail. I did that and then gave him until 11:00 PM to surface then call the police. 11:00 came, he did not surface so I called. Gave my report on the phone. They want to send a pair of officers out to the house. Fine. They arrive around 12:30 AM. I go outside to talk to them, give report agaiin. They file it as a "missing person" report.

Went to bed around 2:00 AM, finally fell asleep. Monday, up 6:00ish, still no Tudor. Police call me around noon, want to send another officer out to the house to inspect for indications of foul play. She arrived, I liked her instantly. Nothing to be discovered. She arranges for a helicopter search (that twisted my stomach!) and asks me to email photos of Tudor to her. I do that. She retrieves an internet picture of a car just like mine, asks if it is close enough. Yes, a dead ringer.

Then she arranges to have a news broadcast on the local TV stations at 5:00 PM telling the brief version of the story and showing the pictures of Tudor and the car.

By this time my emotions are all over the map. Numb, angry, terrified, perplexed, concerned, sad, and all the way back to numb.

At 4:35 PM Tudor calls me!! Wouldn't you know it? I couldn't find him but he found me. He's in the hospital (I finally talked to the charge nurse to determine which one). I call the police to cancel the news broadcast. Talk about split second timing!

As it turned out, he stopped at the grocery store on the way to the airport. While there he had a seizure in the checkout line. He's never had a seizure in his life. Grocery store people called the ambulance which took him to hospital while I was waiting at the airport for him to pick me up.

He is very, very ill and I don't know when he will be coming home. But the doctor assures me he will be okay and will pull out of this. No brain damage, no brain trauma whatsoever. All system functions are normal but all the nutrients in his body are dangerously low, nearly depleted... like a malnourished third world country child. This is what probably triggered the seizure.

I went to see him today, I'm not sure he knew who I was.

And so, and so, and so.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Oh my goodness, you must have been frantic when the next morning came and went and still no sign of Tud.

I hope he will be feeling better very soon, it must have been frightening for him too.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Oh no, Nance. What a scare.

Good thoughts for Tud.

Can you imagine if that happened when you were away?

·
Registered
15 Posts
OMG Nance, I am so sorry to hear this; I hope he recovers quickly.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
How utterly terrifying! Tud and you are in my prayers. I hope this was an isolated thing, never to happen again, and that he is home with you soon.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
OMG! What a scary thing for you both! I'm glad that he was at least safe in the hospital and hope that he recovers quickly and is home soon. Was he just not eating while you were away? Skipping meals or something?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Wow nance.. he could have been driving.. with you... i'm glad he's okay.

Did he not eat?

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
omg, how scary, nance! thank goodness he stopped at the store and wasn't driving when it happened. many good thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts