Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone happen to catch this show on the other night - Donnie Osmond is the host. I thought it was VERY sad!!! Anyway, my husband thought the same and wrote about it on his myspace blog...I thought I would share what he said - he likes to use big words. :) But if any of you caught it, do you agree with us?

From his blog:
Concerning television and that state of humanity
Current mood: high and mighty

I know I will rue the day that I admitted saying this but... did anyone see that show with the rock-n-roll osmond the other night? My wife caught it going by and that means that I caught it too so yeah.. its her fault. The whole point to the show is that two people come out and confess their dreams to the audience and then the audience votes on who gets to have their dream come true. How mean is that?! Like, "here is a chance to have the thing you want most in the world happen /dangling carrot/ oh...oh... jump for it... oh too bad the other guy won... you suck at life and your dream will never happen because no one in the audience likes you." What makes things even worse is that the person that wins gets stuff like a new wardrobe or cars and stuff when they win. Why not just take that money and get the other guy his dream too... better yet just take that money and lets give me a new car and a house. I seriously could feel my brain cells hurling themselves from synaptic cliffs in order to escape this mindless fodder. I don't think that Joe Sixpack chompin skoal down by the bowling alley could find this engaging or entertaining. I miss the good old days of tv when they did shows where little people competed against an elephant to tow something heavy... am I alone here?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh WOW! I didn't know about that! Well, I think that is GOOD - gives me hope in the human race once again! :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah - totally. I would have really like to see that girl who wanted the senior dog rescue to win...at least it would have been for some good - not just for some guy who wants to get a girl...geez...oh well donnie osmond...so much for breaking back into the TV world...

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i was going to send in a video to apply for that show. my dream has always been to own a horse farm and use it for children who are handicapped. studies have shown the benefit of horseback riding with these students improve their eye/hand coordination and large and fine motor skills but it probably wouldn't have been interesting enough for them to pick. i think the time has come to an end for realty shows. they have worn out their welcome in my home.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
SamIAmSIL said:
Oh WOW! I didn't know about that! Well, I think that is GOOD - gives me hope in the human race once again! :)

Cancelled after two episodes!!! There's crap out there airing for multiple seasons!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Pottsie said:
Such as Prison Break? Greys Anatomy? Hehehe
*Ducks n Runs away* :
I watch an occasional rerun of Law and Order or MASH.....That's the extent of my TV viewing. I've attempted to watch some shows that are popular,but I don't get the appeal. I'll stick with the History channel.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
labs4life said:
Pottsie said:
*Ducks n Runs away* :
I watch an occasional rerun of Law and Order or MASH.....That's the extent of my TV viewing. I've attempted to watch some shows that are popular,but I don't get the appeal. I'll stick with the History channel.
Those old M*A*S*H episodes are STILL funny! As the series got older, it got more preachy, but to this day, there are still some gut-busters in there.

The crew watches Frank Burns' purloined home movies of his wedding. Radar, noticing the set up: "They sure did invite a lot of empty chairs!" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
dweck said:
labs4life said:
Pottsie said:
*Ducks n Runs away* :
Those old M*A*S*H episodes are STILL funny! As the series got older, it got more preachy, but to this day, there are still some gut-busters in there.

The crew watches Frank Burns' purloined home movies of his wedding. Radar, noticing the set up: "They sure did invite a lot of empty chairs!" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The best are with Trapper,Burns, and Col. Henry Blake. I laugh just as hard now as I did when first viewed.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
dweck said:
We still joke in our family about Captain Tuttle!
"Captain John Tuttle ?" "Why I just had lunch with him an hour ago!"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts