Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SU took the girls for a long walk in the field behind our house this morning. Both came back smelling like horse poop. :eek: I saw these brown spots on both of them & they smelled so bad. :mad:
I put them each in the shower & bathed them.
They smell better but my shower has black dog hair everywhere. So I'm off to clean the shower. ::)

So much for a relaxing walk. I should make SU clean it since he was the one who had them out!!! ;)

What is it about smelly things that attract a lab....and they just have to roll in it. ::)

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
My tf terrier used to rub on anything stinking and come in so proud of herself. Ewwww. Luckily she could be put in my laundry sink and washed. I always hated that especially since you hand no clue as to what it was that they rolled in. ::) :eek:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
There are a couple of theories as to why they roll in stuff. One is to mask their own scent. Another, and this is the one I believe, is that a dog that comes back to the pack with a lot of different smells is a storyteller and storytellers are held in very high esteem.
Olie

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Ollie....then my two must have a great story to tell. ;D Because they smelled so bad. SU wasn't sure what they rolled in. We haven't seen cows in that field in a long time. But people ride horses & that is what I think it was. ;)

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
My Ginger use to roll in deer poop. Boy does that stink! I feel for you Georgie, I hate to clean the shower after my fur kids have used it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts