Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a gorgeous sunny day here. I spent it tilling up my garden bed- adding some compost and basically getting ready to plant my veggies! Its done, the dirt looks beautiful and I will start planting tomorrow!! Nothing better then sunshine and playing in the dirt, just ask Sammi!! She helped with the digging- sorry no pictures, I didn't happen to have my camera at the ready while I was gardening:)

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
good work Di
my tomato, pepper, ground cherry, leek and onion seeds are started
watermelon and cucumber are germinating - I hope

my onion sets, garlic and beets are in the garden..

I need to build raised beds next weekend for catnip, sunchokes

can't wait til the second weekend of May when I can get most everything planted!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Beautiful day--- we drove down to Tillamook and went to the cheese factory then Cape Lookout State Park. (Didn't see your son, Di ) I love these kinds of days.

Glad that you got your garden in. We are fertilizing the lawn now and actually will turn on the sprinklers.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Sounds great! One day I would like to set up some raised beds for a garden. Our new yard is really small, though. I may just have to stick with buying at the farmer's market.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beautiful day--- we drove down to Tillamook and went to the cheese factory then Cape Lookout State Park. (Didn't see your son, Di ) I love these kinds of days.

Glad that you got your garden in. We are fertilizing the lawn now and actually will turn on the sprinklers.
Yeah he won't be down there until Aug. when he finishes the Acadamy so your safe for awhile:D Sounds like you had a fun day! I played all day yesterday so felt like I needed to get busy today!
I'm lucky enough to have the next 5 days off- Whoohoo!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds great! One day I would like to set up some raised beds for a garden. Our new yard is really small, though. I may just have to stick with buying at the farmer's market.
That's what I have, makes it so much easier- I do the "Square Foot Gardening" and love it! I have 4 raised beds that hold more then enough vegetables for us! If you have a small area this is the way to go, you can go as big or small as you want! It actually talks about planting on apt. decks- so it probably would be great for you.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
We have the early stuff planted (had a nice March this year), but SU was going to rototil the large garden today and it started to rain early than we planned. Hope springs eternal every year when it comes to gardening :)

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Gardening? What's that? :confused: The only gardening I know about is with the lawnmower & roundup. I have this policy of: if in doubt, spray it. :D

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
as much as I like you then Garth I'm glad we aren't neighbours

thats actually one of my worries here (a new house) I suspect she was a spraying gardener too :(
15 years of KNOWING my lawns had never been spayed is peace of mind I hadn't realize I'd miss here ...

I hate sprays ..

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
How exciting! :) Make sure to take pictures once you have everything in the ground--I still have a month before I can safely plant.

I have always wanted to try the square foot gardening method. :)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I have always wanted to try the square foot gardening method. :)
Me too! I think we could maybe manage something like that in our back yard ... it would have to be where the landlord can get around it on his huge mower, though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts