Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bruno and Judy both do it: just before I put their meal dish down, they jump up and down with front paws 6 to12 inches off the floor repeatedly until I make them sit. They do the same thing on a walk if I reach in my pocket for a treat that is possibly coming their way. Do other labs do this?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Wes does -- I get the "HURRY UP WITH THAT LEASH BEFORE I 'SPLODE" bounces. And what kills me is that after the atomic power-wags, the bouncy-bounces, the mrff-mrff-mrfff's of excitement at the prospects of actually going out-of-doors (despite having been out, oh, two hours or so ago), he'll DASH to the first peespot of one of the girls on our circle and STAND THERE NIFFING for 20 minutes.

Which is especially fun in the rain. Or cold.

Me: I THOUGHT YOU HADDA GO?!?!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
HK does it all lthe time in anticipation of anything she likes.

If she hears the release on the trunk of my car, or sees me opening it, she races to the car and starts the bouncies. (The Chuckit is kept in the trunk of my car.)

When we enter the dog park, she bounces all around me until I throw a ball or she is convinced that I don't have one.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Freckles starts boinging up and down and Duke will do a full 360 pirouette on his back legs.
Nothing better that meal time. :)

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Jo did it all the time - and barked. Everyone around here knew when it was feed time. :D

Same thing when we were going out for a walk. It was almost impossible to get the leash on him because he was jumping around so much. :)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
yes, and zoe does the twist and wiggle 2 feet off the ground. i tried to get a video of it but they get weirded out over the video camera.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Sadie mostly does that with her 'scooby snacks' not so much her food.

Heck she will even fake us out and put on like she has to go outside JUST to get a snack...brat!! :)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Boone does it for food,treats and walks. He even bounces backwards when we walk in from the garage with his dish then quickly sits..

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
both do it.. *bounce bounce bounce*

Food
Walks
My arrival home
My arrival from the mailbox
My arrival from picking up poo

whatever..

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Koda, careful with your bounces girl! :)

Macy does it. I prepare the food on the counter, she does a sit/stay while I bring Frankie's into the other room. I come back and say GOOD STAY and slip the training lead over her head.

Then she bounds across the room *bounce bounce bounce* as I put her food down. It's hysterical! :D

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Rush is my jumper. She jumps when she sees you pull in the driveway, jumps for her dinner, and jumps when she is getting an especially excellent treat.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Otis does the bounce for food and for going out. When I come home they both just come over to see me, no bouncing.

Kacey doesn't bounce. Kacey jumps into the air and does 360s. She runs up and down the stairs, streaks into the kitchen, hits the vinyl, slides into her food bowl and then waits until I get there with the food. I really need to get it on videio.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Kacey jumps into the air and does 360s. She runs up and down the stairs, streaks into the kitchen, hits the vinyl, slides into her food bowl and then waits until I get there with the food.
LOL that's hysterical! You really do need to get that on video!! :D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Buddy does it for food or when he knows he's going to the park. Shadow used to do it, too. We call it the "Labby bounce."

·
Registered
311 Posts
Rupert doesn't exactly bounce like that but he does this high-stepping strut thing over to the door for a walk or to the bowl for food. Then stands there with half his body just waggling back and forth.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts