Just Labradors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mucking out the field shelter !

Can I help ? ( You have to keep a close eye on Roulette as she is blind and she has kicked out the side of the shelter a couple of times in the last year trying to get Pepper )

During

Pepper sunbathing

The unpaid groom !

Because the mud is about a foot deep, all of the contents had to be bagged and carried out as you can see from this photograph!

The ponies have two paddocks and the second paddocl is in good condition ! Why they have to hover in the muddy half - your guess is as good as mine !

Our cheerleader Gorse came down to help !

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
*tsk* Roulette! Smart girl. She knows what she is doing, Col, and it has nothing to do with being blind. She kicks out the side of the shelter so the handsome groom will have to come spend lots of time with her putting it back together. Who's house is that in the background?

I love Gorse's Clint Eastwood squint "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?" =)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
ah, mucking stalls, there's nothin' like it. we have a chocolate lab named malley who plays with us in the barn when we're cleaning. she loves giving all the horses kisses and then beds down in the hay that's laying around from the morning feeding. i love the peace and quiet in the morning and the smells are like perfume to me. thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Registered
21,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
eastcoastmom said:
*tsk* Roulette! Smart girl. She knows what she is doing, Col, and it has nothing to do with being blind. She kicks out the side of the shelter so the handsome groom will have to come spend lots of time with her putting it back together. Who's house is that in the background?

I love Gorse's Clint Eastwood squint "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?" =)
Wish I could say it was my house T - just a neighbour I'm afraid but a great location looking over the valley.

Lettie knowa our voices ! I wouldn't risk anybody else in there with her - she can turn on a cent in a second ! If Pepper had come down to the shelter I would have been out of there a second afterwards !

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Nice pic of Gorse. I dont envy you bagging and hauling.

·
Registered
21,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kiddsmom said:
Our grooms were never that good looking. I really didn't mind cleaning stalls.
OK - stop the handsome already :vomit: :embarrass: :embarrass: :ugly:

It's not too bad just mucking out when you can sling it straight into a barrow and wheel it to the muck heap but when you have 10yards of deep mud to walk through it's no joke Betsy - Exercise did me good though !

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
hehe the mud does add to the work

I had a student in a work placement where she had to muck out daily - she didn't even have to go outside ... she thought she adored horses and wanted to work with them forever - her 4 months of daily mucking out changed her mind!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.