1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
What a nice note :D

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
They learned a lot of class from both their parents and grandparents.

I love the fact that the Obama girls Gram is moving in to be there for them when their parents cannot. It will give them a great sense of family and love that their parents want for them. They seem like such well behaved happy children. I hope they live this experience to the fullest and the press leaves them alone to be children.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
That was great.

I looooove that they told the girls to remember who their Dad is. People will say great things about him, people will say awful things about him. But at the end of the day he's Daddy. Being President is his job. A Dad is who he is.

Very sweet.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That's great. I heard on the news this morning that Dubya left a note for "#44" on his desk. :happy:

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jzgrlduff said:
That's great. I heard on the news this morning that Dubya left a note for "#44" on his desk. :happy:
I believe that is a long standing tradition.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
That is a tradition, the outgoing President leaves a personal note for the incoming. I think that is very cool.

On TV during the coverage of the inauguration, soemone who had interviewed the Bush girls said that the most important thing for the Obama girls is to always think of him as their Daddy, not as the president. That he was their Dad first, and will always be their Dad, no matter what. That letter they left was very sweet.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Aim said:
jzgrlduff said:
I believe that is a long standing tradition.
I wonder what Clinton said to Bush in his letter, something about the oval office, interns, a desk.....just kidding :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm heading back to work after having 12 days off, I'm trying to humor myself!!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
"Uh, sorry about the staff prying all the Ws off the computer keyboards. I tole 'em to stop, but they wouldn't listen. And... er.... the carpet cleaners for the Oval Office arrive on Thursday."

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
If the Pres-to-Pres note is a long standing tradition, I'm guessing this is too.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jzgrlduff said:
If the Pres-to-Pres note is a long standing tradition, I'm guessing this is too.
Nope. Not really. At least not that I could find anywhere. But then again, there haven't been kids that young in the white house in quite some time. The Bush girls were Sasha's age when their grandfather became president.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts