Just Labradors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you see them buzzing around Quinn's head and landed on her face?

I hate this time of year.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I hate these freaking things! When I take the boys to the park, there are literally clouds of them. :eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I hate those things too. My dog's allergic to them - they make her eyes swell up. We actually thought that she kept getting stung by bees until we put two and two together...

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
we call those midgies here in Australia! And yep they sucketh at spring!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
We got this really cool horse spray that keeps away fleas, gnats, flies...its awesome.... spray it on and they are good to go (we had to find something like this when Jobe was undergoing his heartworm treatment and was still susceptible to getting reinfected before we could put him on the Heartguard).... Its called Repel-X and is about 10 bux for a 1 quart bottle... We keep one on hand here and one up north.....

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
There were clouds of them at the baseball field last night. Bauer was sitting next to me, then rolled over on his back and was covered in the red bites again. The bites don't bother him, but they look nasty.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Seems like everywhere you go you will have to deal with some kind of nasty insect. We don't have those biting gnats here but near the coast they do have something we call a No-see-Em. They are almost invisible and do hurt.
Right now after all the rain we are having an onslaught of mosquito's. The worst are the salt marsh variety that actually hurt as they are biting. Unlike normal mosquito's that you only feel after they bite.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That's disgusting and annoying!!! We don't have them that bad around here...thank God.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We got this really cool horse spray that keeps away fleas, gnats, flies...its awesome.... spray it on and they are good to go (we had to find something like this when Jobe was undergoing his heartworm treatment and was still susceptible to getting reinfected before we could put him on the Heartguard).... Its called Repel-X and is about 10 bux for a 1 quart bottle... We keep one on hand here and one up north.....
Thanks - that's some good info. Can it be applied anywhere, or only to areas that they're unable to lick?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Thanks - that's some good info. Can it be applied anywhere, or only to areas that they're unable to lick?

I applied it all over Jobe and he didnt seem to mind or have any problems with it... It just says on the bottle to avoid mucous membranes and eyes, and it was what my vet recommended...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.