Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.creationmuseum.org/

The Creation Museum presents a "walk through history." Designed by a former Universal Studios exhibit director, this state-of-the-art 60,000 square foot museum brings the pages of the Bible to life.

A fully engaging, sensory experience for guests. Murals and realistic scenery, computer-generated visual effects, over fifty exotic animals, life-sized people and dinosaur animatronics, and a special-effects theater complete with misty sea breezes and rumbling seats. These are just some of the impressive exhibits that everyone in your family will enjoy.
They're presenting that survival-of-the-fittest is bunk, as is evolution, and that the world is actually only 6,000 years old. There's an Adam & Eve exhibit. And a Noah one.

So the question is: Would you go? Would you take your kids? Will this museum survive as a tourist destination??

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I'd go. I like various veiwpoints on many,many,subjects. However, I am cheap, so it better be reasonable priced! ;D

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I'd go. Once. I don't know if there are enough people who are so far off mainstream that they disbelieve in evolution to keep the museum in business as a factual educational institution.

J

·
0 Posts
Meh.

I'm careful with "bible based" anything. There are some real wackos out there that call things bible based and their interpretation of the bible is messed up.

I'd have to see it first before thinking about bringing the kids.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
labs4life said:
I'd go. I like various veiwpoints on many,many,subjects. However, I am cheap, so it better be reasonable priced! ;D
Admission
Adult (13-59 yrs) $19.95
Senior (60 yrs & up) $14.95
Children (5-12 yrs) $9.95
Children (under 5 yrs) Free
Planetarium with admission, $5

And the site offered a $5-off coupon.

Extra charge for the 'carnival games' like playing Wack-a-Darwin. j/k ;)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
That'd be 50 bucks for me and Lor. Hmmmm,maybe I could go in and use my cell phone for pics and descriptions for Lorri who would have to wait outside!

Whack-A- Darwin! ;D ;D ;D

W

·
0 Posts
So the question is: Would you go? Would you take your kids? Will this museum survive as a tourist destination??
Absolutely not. I will spend my money to go to Disney World which is a much better fantasy exhibit. Evolution dictates it will become extinct.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JollyMolly said:
20 bucks a person?
They've really gone to school on the Disney formula. Lots of animatronics and interactive displays, films and songs, etc.

I wonder how 'accurate' the figures for Adam and Eve are??

P

·
0 Posts
nah, we wouldn't go.....

Think of all the Veggie Tale videos we could buy instead!!!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I wonder how they came to the conculsion that the world is only 6000 yrs old? Did the bible tell them?

I wouldn't go personally but hey if it frees up disney lines I am all for you all going!! ;D

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Blonde, blue-eyed caucasians, no doubt
Okay that made me spit my drink!!!! :p I thought Eve was in your avatar no? ;D Did anyone happen to catch the show that came on a while back on the discovery or history channel about what the real Jesus looked like? Nothing like the sculptures that's for sure.

·
Registered
504 Posts
It sounds like a "Willing Stupidity" museum.

Science can not, and probably will not, be able to fully prove or disprove the existence of a higher power(s). It can, however, say with relative certainty that the earth is not 6,000 years old and that Adam and Eve were probably not riding bareback on a triceratops to get around.

I just don't see why people like this can not incorporate what is obviously reality into their religious beliefs. What difference does it make if God created the universe 13 billion years ago or 6,000? If you believe there is an omnipotent being of creation you likely believe that he would have had the power to create the universe at any time he desired, right? Doesn't sound like it would conflict at all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts