Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure all of us have spent a fortune on different doggy toys over the years. But, those things in life that are free are sometimes the most fun, aren't they?

A few weeks ago Gutherie came across one of those wonderful "free" things and he is having the time of his life with it...I had forgotten that he liked this same thing last year. Fortunately, he came across it again this year.

It is the little portion that was sawed off the bottom of the Christmas tree before we brought it in the house. This week when it got covered with a coating of ice he was batting it all over the yard. I wish I had it on video. Here is a picture of a restful moment with his best Christmas present(yep...he is not at all interested in that new Christmas soccer ball).

So....what are your pups "best things in life are free" toys?

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Empty Bottles. Water bottles, coke bottles.... always plastic. She carries them around the yard and bats them from side to side. I know it's technically not FREE cause we bought the bottles to consume the beverage but it definitely isn't a dog toy. Oh, and bark. She loves tossing around and shredding bark.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
OOOHHH Yes! Empty drink bottles, limbs, ice from the outdoor water buckets......These are the things that make the world go 'round. :D Of course the only thing that's better is the TV remote. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Cute story .. great siggy!!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Empty water bottles (which get crunched up, then tossed out) and ice from outside. Ice is the greatest treat!

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
AmazonGold said:
Empty water bottles (which get crunched up, then tossed out) and ice from outside. Ice is the greatest treat!
Agreed - we don't give Bailey the empty water bottles anymore but as a pup she thought these were the best.

Ice is now, and always has been, a great treat for her!! :D

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I bought Gin and Holly a bunch of full sized balls that had ropes coming off of them. They carried them around for 5 minutes, then grabbed the box they came in. They skated around the yard for an hour with that thing!

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Water bottles, preferably with water in them.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Bauer loves logs from the wood pile. He doesn't want to chew on them or eat them really, he just wants to go out to the wood pile and drag them up to the front porch . . . we heat with wood, so it is really quite helpful :laugh:! He spends a lot of time going back and forth to the wood pile (a good 30 yards away) hauling wood up.

Rather than free, we call them Bauer's "recycled" toys:

Water/soda bottles. He doesn't chew them up, but he will carry them around the house and bat them around in the snow.
Partially deflated balls (footballs, basketballs, soccer balls, volleyballs, etc.). He doesn't really play with them when they are full of air, but loves to find the ones that have been long forgotten about.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Water bottles, mango pips,empty toilet rolls and socks. Mickey loves to steal dirty underwear from the washing basket, he has a nest (under the bed where he stores everything) :laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Like several people have said, empty soda or water bottles. Lexi is also particularly fond of...

corrugated cardboard boxes

She loves to take & tear them up into a bazillion little bits. I usually make her do this in the yard.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Rush and Boo both love toilet paper rolls, and paper towel rolls. Boo, anything that is a food box, twinkie box, cereal box, cake mix box etc. They also get ripped up into a zillion pieces with a spit ball thrown in for good measure. I usually save the slimy spit balls and give them to my hubby as a 'surprise' :laugh: :laugh: ewww. :laugh:

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Tal and Barney love sticks...big sticks, little sticks, medium sized sticks, fat ones, skinny ones blah blah blah. Did I mention they like sticks? :laugh: :laugh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts