Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered the best pickles ever.
Sweet pickle chips. Marinated in horseradish.
Nom, nom.

That's all. Carry on.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Oh I love a good pickle. Do you buy them like that?

There is a deli here in Phoenix that makes their own garlic dill pickles. They are wonderful and still bright green they are so fresh. I love them and I don't really like dill pickles. Unfortunately they don't like me as they come back to visit me for hours and hours but I eat them anyway cuz I love the taste.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I buy them that way. They are delish! Sweet and hot at the same time.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Simple Garlic/dill pickles/no vinegar: 10 dozen quart jars placed in the basement this past July. Actually, every July. Best way I have to stay in touch with my kids. Years ago, we gave each of them two quart jars. They can get more simply by returning the empty jar. Last year, we ran out in May and I was told that 120 quarts was not enough for this year. I told them they have to ration themselves.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am limiting myself to 2 or 3 per day--otherwise I would sit and eat the whole jar. The lady handing out samples at the store said to save the marinade and pour it over sliced cucumbers. Drool.
I like garlic dills usually, but these are to die for.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
So what grocery do you go to? I checked two here in Ft. Wayne and neither have them. I feel like a lab, my mouth is watering just thinking about them.:laugh:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
So what grocery do you go to? I checked two here in Ft. Wayne and neither have them. I feel like a lab, my mouth is watering just thinking about them.:laugh:
Probably Kroger...I know in Kentucky Krogers carried the Boar's Head brand.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, Kroger. I have read that Publix also carries that brand. Don't know if they carry the pickles though.
I need to go back and buy more. I only have 2 little lonely pickle chips left. And they are calling my name.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These are going to haunt me. i love pickles, and I love horseradish.
I would send you some if I could figure out how to send a glass jar of pickles that need to remain refrigerated through the mail. If they could even be mailed across the border.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Brenda, you can slice up some carrots and celery and put those in the jar with the pickle juice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts