Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, maybe I live under a rock, but last night was the first time I actually watched any of a Bachelor/Bachelorette show. I watched 30 minutes of it.

I want my 30 minutes back, please.

WTF?! Women compete for some guy that they just met. They compete for him . Against other women. He' dates' them all, and discards them one by one, all the while kissing/feeling up/making out with the lot of them, and apparently boffing them, according to the bit I watched last night.

And the women are ok with this?

Do they not have self esteem? Pride? Self worth? I don't get it at all. I was embarrassed for them. And this guy seems like a total knob, a fake, narcissistic douche (in the 30 min I watched).
He actually had the sack to tell this one wonky-eyed chick at dinner, "but I have to tell you, I have also fallen in love with 3 other women" ...

WTF???

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I take it you've never seen the Bachelorette either. I haven't watched either one, but yeah, I don't know who watches them. More importantly, I don't know who thinks "Hey, I think I'm going to go on a show to compete for a boy(girl)friend."

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not watched a Bachelorette either.I am not big on the reality tv. I do love The Amazing Race, and I did watch the very first 2 Big Brothers and the first 3 survivors, but I find them just "more of the same".

I don't get where a person's head is at to even think that a situation like that is healthy. But I have never been the girl who chases boys. If a guy likes you, he will pursue you. If he doesn't... he doesn't like you. Easy.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Yep. It's a dumb show. Kind of like watching a car wreck. Shouldn't watch but can't tear your eyes away. Actually haven't watched one all the way through. Wanna be models and actresses mostly........

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I could tear my eyes away. I found it too painful to watch, 30 minutes was all I could take. I was humiliated for them.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
In the early shows-the few I watched there was no boffing. I think it's devolved into a boffing fest tho.............

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Selling "love" on local tv. I don't know how any of them think it's going to last. Those shows are total crap! Haha. "Falling in love" with half the cast after a few days? Please.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
DH likes to watch it BECAUSE it is a train wreck. I really can't stand it, way too uncomfortable for me....I fall asleep LOL. I never know who makes it through the rose ceremony. I watched the Bachelorette and it's not nearly as catty.....nonetheless, they are all a total waste of time.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I have never watched it, but I think the promos/commercials for the show are uncomfortable to watch. I would guess that a lot of it is acting, and they are there to try to score a tv or modeling gig. Do they make money being on the show? I know that I am a germaphobe, but who would kiss a guy 10 seconds after he was making out with someone else? Ewwwww . . .

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
It's a train wreck and I watch it on my PC at work on lunch!

I can't understand why anyone, male or female, would want to appear on this show either. The women are getting younger and more immature and the men less discerning. At least this guy doesn't live in a hot tub.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts