Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go to the doc today since it's been a week since I went and the foot is still bothering me, plus it's filling with fluid and blood.

Severe sprain. :( Maybe a bone chip in the ankle from the phone.

No riding until it's better, maybe 4-6 weeks and I have to wear this

It beats a cast, which I've done in the summer and know what that's like. Plus there's a lump under my arm where the underwire bit me so I have to go for an ultrasound on that next week to make sure it's from the underwire and not something else.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
You really did a number on yourself! Errrrrr, I mean Toby did a number on you! Why didn't the doctor know it was a severe sprain last week?

Since you can't ride for so long, do you have someone that can, so he doesn't slack off?

:)

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because last week we were more concerned with the tibia/fibia which was swollen and bruised. That's where all the pain was. The swelling in the ankle and foot were thought to be caused by that. It took a week of walking on it for me to decide there was more going on that just the tibia/fibia.

I'm going to tell Bonnie she can ride him if she wants. If not, then no he won't be ridden for awhile and I'll have to start all over with him. I'll round pen him during this down time since we're working on ground manners and such anyway.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Laura I'll come visit and ride him! I've always wanted to be around horses. :( We don't have any.

It'll be for your own good, you need a house guest!! ;)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Sprains suck. I like the toe nail polish though. Very fun!

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Not having any good luck here lately. Love the nail polish, very cool. Hope you heal quickly and can climb back on Toby soon.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
****,Laura. :( Prayers and good thoughts that it heals quickly, the lump is just bruising from the wire, and Toby maintains his training and manners.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm doing a lot of ground work with him, yielding to pressure, whoa-ing on command, one rein stopping, etc. So being on the ground is good for both of us right now, though all I wanted to do today is ride!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
It's really swollen, isn't it! How can you bear to put any weight at all on it?
I admire your determination to get some work in with Toby in spite of it.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Sooooo if I come up can I ride him? lol

I've been calling around trying to find somewhere I can take lessons. I had something lined up with a volunteering deal, but that didn't work out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts