Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have company over this afternoon. By company I mean some of Shane's friends and his brother are over playing video games. ;)

We have the front door open, and my screen door is a full panel window at the moment. So as I'm standing in between the living room and the kitchen kind of gazing out the view of the glass door when suddenly I see a blue jay come flying towards the door. and THAWK into the door he goes and bounces back! I run outside and he seems to be okay, he's fluttering in my bushes, apparently not wanting to fly at the moment, his mate started dive bombing my head so I ran back inside!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Oh that makes me so sad when they do that! I hope your jay was just stunned.

We have a glass enclosed skywalk at the college and the birds are constantly flying into it. After 12 years there I have yet to see one survive the impact. :(

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think he was just stunned, he was hopping in the bushes and squawking at me when I got closer. We have a huge window in the living room as well and only one birdy hasn't survived their impact. I'll take pictures...after the yard is mowed....I suppose I could go do that, but I really don't feel like doing it in the middle of the afternoon, much better to do it in the morning.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drug myself outside to mow...while I'm looking down there what do I see at my feet? A baby BlueJay!!

So here's a picture of my house showing the big window for the living room, and the glass screen door we have.

and Phoenix insists on a picture of him that I took while we were outside. :)

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
he's just the cutest thing that little bird!!! aww I hope he was just stunned.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The one that flew into the window is out in the yard trying to get up a tree, he can fly a little bit, but I think he'll be okay, the other Jays are out there watching him while he helps the baby that's out there too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts