Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aka amazongold, I was inspired to try a hanging tomato plant. I have tried to grow a tomato plant every year since we bought this house. For one reason or another, I have yet to eat one.

After seeing Jackie's pics, I was inspired to try one hanging plant. So far, so good - even with all of the rain and cool weather we have had. My plant has 29 flowers, and four have a teeny tiny tomato already.

CJ thinks tomatoes are boring and that I should throw the frisbee already.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Way to go, Laura! :)

Mine are doing very well, too. I even have a 3" long cucumber! I'll post some new pics this week.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
we are going to try the hanging thing this winter (live in Phoenix). I am wondering if I can plant a blueberry bush that way?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
we are going to try the hanging thing this winter (live in Phoenix). I am wondering if I can plant a blueberry bush that way?
I have a blueberry bush in a container, so I would think you can do them upside-down, too. What have you got to lose?

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Way too cool!!! I bought some Jalepeno plants this spring and planted them. They are supposed to be heatless. Well........ I have tons of them and picked a nice sized one, very carefully cut it and touched it to my tongue. NO HEAT! I took a bite...still no heat. I guess they are truly heatless Jalepeno's. Yummy all the flavor none of the heat. I like the heat but it doesn't agree with my tummy so this is wonderful!!!!!:D So maybe next year I'll try hanging a couple of those to see how they do upside down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts