Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to say thank you for all the info on the board. We've had Brandi for a couple months, and there were times when we thought we had a dog that would grow up "out of control".
However, after spending lots of time reading this board, I have to say that WE ALL have the same dogs. Yes, they are all very much alike in many ways. This has allowed us to develope much more patience and a better understanding of a Lab's behavior pattern.

Geez...and here I thought that my dog was the only, crazy, hyper, wake up at 5:45am. eat anything in site, counter-surfing, mouthy-biting, growling lunatic. ::)

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Anthony8858 said:
Just want to say thank you for all the info on the board. We've had Brandi for a couple months, and there were times when we thought we had a dog that would grow up "out of control".
However, after spending lots of time reading this board, I have to say that WE ALL have the same dogs. Yes, they are all very much alike in many ways. This has allowed us to develope much more patience and a better understanding of a Lab's behavior pattern.

Geez...and here I thought that my dog was the only, crazy, hyper, wake up at 5:45am. eat anything in site, counter-surfing, mouthy-biting, growling lunatic. ::)

I know that people should do their research with any animal but I'm surprised at Lab Breeders who don't make new owners fully aware of what they are taking on.

Glad you are both growing together

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trickster said:
I'm really glad it has all worked out for you and Brandi. :)
Yeh, I think we were the ones that needed the training more than Brandi. ::)

Last night she did something that made me furious. She was sitting with us in our family room chewing a pig's tail (or whatever it is). Suddenly, she bolted for the basement to get a stuffed animal, and decided that she wanted us to chase her. She refused to respond to any commands (stay, down, leave it). Finally I grabbed her as she was running past me. I looked her in eyes and gave the MADDEST-sounding NO I've ever done.
Well, today, she's sitting in the family room, and decided to do the same...this time I simply looked at her and then she dropped the toy, she put her head down, and went in her crate. I was very proud of her today, to say the least.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts