Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all these years, a commentator finaly mentioned that pinscher is German for terrier. One of those little things that sticks in my craw- like when they say Elkhounds were bred to hunt Elk (they're called Elghunds in Norway, which is Norwegian for moose dog). Ok, your life can continue now. :D

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kal3idoscope said:
:laugh:

Did you hear how they pronounced Löwchen?...
Yep. How about the Pharoah Hound? The first time the ring announcer pronounced it Fay-ro Hound. Someone must have corrected him, tho- after that he got it right. LOL

I'm funny about spelling and grammar. And I find myself correcting mis-pronouncations in my head, too. Drives me nuts when I post something in the morning, then come back after work and see all kinds of typos! LOL

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I thought David did a great job all around in mentioning how to get a reputable breeder, what reputable breeders do, etc. He counteracted all the PETA crap very well I thought.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
labby said:
I thought David did a great job all around in mentioning how to get a reputable breeder, what reputable breeders do, etc. He counteracted all the PETA crap very well I thought.
Oh, yes- he definitely did a great job. He always does. Did you catch his quick comment about that lawsuit involving breeders? He's gooood! LOL Seriously- I like him much better than the guys that do the AKC/Euk shows on Animal Planet.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
I just wish they'd stop with the dopey co-announcer. Listening to her giggle inanely at every heavily coated dog got real old, real fast. Yes, pulik look like rasta dogs. Yes, it's hard to tell which end is front on a pekinese. Yes, old english sheepdogs CAN see through the hair on their face. We've all heard it, year after year after year.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kaytris said:
I just wish they'd stop with the dopey co-announcer. Listening to her giggle inanely at every heavily coated dog got real old, real fast. Yes, pulik look like rasta dogs. Yes, it's hard to tell which end is front on a pekinese. Yes, old english sheepdogs CAN see through the hair on their face. We've all heard it, year after year after year.
I couldn't stand either of the women. I hope they bring Lester Holt back next year.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
MicksMom said:
After all these years, a commentator finaly mentioned that pinscher is German for terrier. One of those little things that sticks in my craw- like when they say Elkhounds were bred to hunt Elk (they're called Elghunds in Norway, which is Norwegian for moose dog). Ok, your life can continue now. :D
I believe it's spelled FINALLY. ;)

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I made the comment yesterday that I was going to apply for the job as announcer. At least I don't giggle and ask stupid questions. They may have to have the button ready when I make comments about the poodles though. LOL

·
Registered
9,781 Posts

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jinx said:
kelli said:
MicksMom said:
I'm funny about spelling and grammar.
kiddsmom said:
MicksMom said:
After all these years, a commentator finaly
I believe it's spelled FINALLY. ;)
eta-
labby said:
I made the comment yesterday that I was going to apply for the job as announcer. At least I don't giggle and ask stupid questions. They may have to have the button ready when I make comments about the poodles though. LOL
Laura, I think you'd make a great announcer.

haha.. oops?
:laugh:
Yeah- big "Ooops"! :laugh: :laugh: At least I haven't had a meltdown over it- yet. :laugh:

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
labby said:
I was pleasantly surprised to here him. It's about time.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
kaytris said:
Oh, no. You did NOT just dis Mary Carillo!

Oh, it's on. <z-snap>

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
labby said:
MAY?!?!? :laugh:

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
MicksMom said:
I never knew either of those things!! How cool!

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yellojakesmom said:
MicksMom said:
I never knew either of those things!! How cool!
Can you tell I do a lot more reading of dog books than the average person? LOL Actually, I learned about the Elkhound from the Elkhound list I'm on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts