Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank you all for all the compassionate, caring words about Dakota's passing. It has almost been a week that my girl crossed the Bridge. I miss her so much. I never knew I could cry so much and so often. :'( She was a great dog. I wish you all could have known her and I guess through the forum, you did. She was beautiful, driven, sweet and tender. She embodied everything I wish I could be. She taught me so much. I know she is still with me...I wear her Sally Tag around my neck, close to my heart, where she will always live.

Your messages have been a great source of comfort to Joanne and me. I printed them out and keep them in my back pocket at work. I read them through out the day and it helps.

Thank you all so much again. Cindy

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
I know she is still with me...I wear her Sally Tag around my neck, close to my heart, where she will always live

That is so sweet.
(((HUGS))) to you. The memories will never die.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I wish I had words that could make the hurt go away. Continued prayers for you. You obviously loved Dakota very much. Thanks for sharing her with us.

Run free sweet girl... :'(

F

·
0 Posts
It just need some time to give some thing's a place, and after the crying the smile's are comming back, with the thought's about Dakota and all the happy time's you have together ;)

Trust me, that last thing will happen ;)

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
:'(
No thanks are necessary. We all get attached to each other's dogs here and feel like we DO know them. Dakota is a beautiful lab.
Hang in there, Cindy. Im so glad you have her Sally tag...what a great idea.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I'm so sorry Cindy. It does get better. The hurt never goes away but it does lessen.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
It is so hard to lose our best friends. I had the pleasure of meeting Dakota. She was a very special girl. I will never forget her bringing those sticks to Dave & when they got as small as a match, we all laughed. Please take comfort in all the good memories you have of her.

Time does lessen the hurt but you will never forget her, she will always live on in your heart. She knew she was loved and you know she would not want you to be sad.

She is playing with all her friends who have gone before her.

(((((HUGS)))))

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
we're all here for you!
hugs to you and your family.

how sweet about her sally tag. i too carry my golden's sally tag with me on my keychain.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts