Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone planning to watch this tonight? (2 back-to-back eps on NBC from 9-11).

It looks like a show I WANT to like (I LOVED both the American and British versions of Whose Line?), but this looks.... dumb. The Jason Alexander Star Trek spoof has him looking offstage and smirking as if to say -- ho-ho, how funny I am! And whoever it is who's dressed as a beauty queen who answeres a life-changing question by saying "I've never been a fan of dry ice" (and exactly how is this funny?) seems to be reading it off a cue card!

My biggest fear is that the funniest parts have already been shown on the commercials (Tom Arnold in a fat-suit, cracking wise about Roseanne's weight? HAW-HAW-HAW!! ::) )

I'll give it a try (heck, I watched an entire 10 minutes of the Great American Dream Beg-a-thon!). But hopes aren't high...

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I'm not excited about it. Don't like Jason Alexander even a little bit.

whoever it is who's dressed as a beauty queen who answeres a life-changing question by saying "I've never been a fan of dry ice" (and exactly how is this funny?) seems to be reading it off a cue card!
She's "Stiffler's mom" from the American Pie movies. I think she ALWAYS looks like she's reading from a cue card. ::)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I'm excited for this show. I think it looks pretty good from the ads. I have to DVR it as SU doesn't care for improv/stand-up type stuff...

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I'm not really that interested in improv shows because I don't really believe that it's improv. Way too stagey for me.

However, I think the beauty queen saying she's never been a fan of dry ice is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. It is so completely out of nowhere and such a great slam at the "how would you change the world" questions that pageants always use. I may watch it once just for that.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
We saw the previews and I commented that it might be funny. I don't know if that's part of tonight's planned viewing or not. Kevin is King Of The Remote :D He actually has a LIST of what he is going to watch that night, and on what channel :eek:

I should clarify, he is a fair King. :angel: I haven't missed Miss USA or Miss America since we've been married, and I never know when it's coming on. :p

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
And whoever it is who's dressed as a beauty queen who answeres a life-changing question by saying "I've never been a fan of dry ice"
I died laughing when I saw that! So, basically, if you hate the show, I will start watching it because I will probably love it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts