Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The friggin' heat in our li'l wing is on the fritz.

Outside temp is +/- 30o.

Office temp must be +/- 40o

I've got a hoodie on (it's a dress-down day), w/the hood UP! And my fingers and nose are numb.

Bldg Mtnce has offered its usual response: Hmm... Well... Whadja know about that?...

There's been a ladder here, under one of the heating vents, for about an hour. It's unoccupied. And has been since it was placed here. An hour ago.

Can I go home, p-p-p-p-please?

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Yes, go home! You can't be expected to work in those conditions.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I agree!!! They have the air blowing in here, right over my desk. I can barely type.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I picture you working like Bob Cratchit over a candle :D
I've already suggested a small campfire back here.

One of my colleagues -- a smoker -- said, "I'm going outside for a cig. And to warm up!"

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Don't worry about the ladder being unattended; there is basically nothing they can fix from a ladder anyway. It's just there to make you feel better and give you hope.

You may have building maintenance but generally there's going to be an outside company contracted to do service and your guys are waiting around waiting for them to show up. On the upside, they're cold, too.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
The real concern here is your hair and that hoodie. Now, are you experiencing static electricity problems with this? Do you have hairs crackling and snapping every time you turn your head? And how much of your hair is just sticking to the hoodie? Will you be embarrassed to remove the hood in front of your co-workers? If you are wrangling with some of these issues maybe next time you will remember to spray your head or hoodie with StaticGuard before donning said garment.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
The real concern here is your hair and that hoodie. Now, are you experiencing static electricity problems with this? Do you have hairs crackling and snapping every time you turn your head? And how much of your hair is just sticking to the hoodie? Will you be embarrassed to remove the hood in front of your co-workers? If you are wrangling with some of these issues maybe next time you will remember to spray your head or hoodie with StaticGuard before donning said garment.
LOL :D

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I've already suggested a small campfire back here.

One of my colleagues -- a smoker -- said, "I'm going outside for a cig. And to warm up!"
Sorry but that cracked me up! I hate being cold so I can completely sympathize. Wonder if you would get some attention if you started a little fire in your garbage can:flame:

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I go back to the main part of the building, I push back the hood. So I've been walking around all day with Stan Laurel Stickemup hair.

[...]

And blue fingers.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
When you go back to the main part of the building? What does that mean? Oh I know! You're a closet smoker, aren't you! You sneak off to one of those dingy, dark recesses for a puffer! Don't you! You Catholic boys...

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL, Nance. No.

Smoked in college but quit.

Our dept is in a separate area of the bldg. Kinda like an annex. I guess to keep the wordnerds from 'infiltrating' the rest of the employees.

Psst: Wanna buy a split infinitive?

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
You have an office? And it usually has heat? You richie rich types get all the good stuff.

If a building is supposed to be warm I always feel extra cold when its not. When I'm working at our bus service center or in one of my customers bus garages it's never the correct temperature but I don't notice it. Wierd how that is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts