Just Labradors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a book for one of my classes. It's $110 from the college bookstore, plus $10 shipping, it ends up being over $130. I'm trying to find a cheaper option. Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I'm not a Canadian, but I play one on tv ;) (I've always wanted to say that! lol) Anywho, Amazon is a good place for text books and I think ya'll can order from this place... half.com (it's like ebay for books). That is where I order 99% of my texts from.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Can you get e-books? My husband buys all e-books, they are a lot cheaper and you don't have to haul the books around or store them later. All he needs is his computer, and he is good to go.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Because it is very specific to the course, no e-books. It's a 750page loose leaf kit. Blech. I ended up just ordering it via the college online bookstore.

What I did learn however is that Barnes and Noble will ship to Canada for a very good price. Had I ordered it last week, I would have saved myself $40. I only signed up for the course last Thursday, a day before it started. I will have to be more organized next term in order to save myself some money on books. Thankfully i only needed one book this term. My other class does not have any book requirements.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.