Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DockDogs is bringing dock diving to these venues. Each one is the last weekend of this month. Great opportunity to see what it's all about and have some real fun! Also a perfect time to let your dog try it out.

Pearland, TX

Columbus, OH

Ashwaubenon, WI

Del Mar, CA

Spud is going to be jumping at the Columbus, OH event. Hubby is taking him up there along with our club's VP and his dog. I can't go because I have two weddings that weekend! So Sally, Hoppy and I are staying here.

Hope some of y'all can come out to these events and enjoy a great day of dock diving!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hi, I think I am going to an Ultimate Air dog Event that same weekend only 10 miles from my house. (Wisconsin Dells, WI) Do you know if this is the same type of an event as Dock Dogs? I would just like to try it for fun as a newbie. Hoepfully, they will be helpful there.
http://www.ultimateairdogs.net/3.php

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically it's about the same, but DockDogs is much more professionally run. DockDogs is definitely looked at as the standard for the sport and official dock diving association. DockDogs is an organization that holds events all over the country. They have a network of local club affiliates that also hold events. So on any one weekend, they might have several events all over the country.

UAD is just one man who goes out with a dock and holds an event. (He might have a few others who go hold events for him occasionally.)

For a newbie, however, UAD is fine. They have very few rules to enforce. I'm sure you'll have a good time.

I don't do UAD any longer. There is bad blood between the owner of UAD and the owner of DockDogs. And once I started working with DockDogs, things at UAD got very uncomfortable for me and I was no longer welcome there.

Have fun and jump big!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Yes, being that I know nothing about it and the convenience of the proximity to my house, it sounds like an easy place to begin. I'll be sure to report Payton's response to the new situation. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts