Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday I posted about a property we were going to see.
http://justlabradors.com/forum/odds-ends/105692-going-look-house-weekend.html

We met the realtor who had lined up a dozen possibilities including this property. Before we went to see it I asked frankly "What's wrong with it?" The realtor paused a second and said "You'll see, it's not the property, it's getting to it."
The trek to the property took us down over two miles of the worst deteriorated asphalt road you could imaging through an equally dilapidated "neighborhood" of run down trailers complete with rusted vehicles on blocks and trash. Liz commented that the only thing missing was the creepy banjo player from Deliverance. The property itself had a wonderful yard and a lot of potential for improvement. Some of you commented on not having stairs to negotiate as a retirement home but this home had a wheelchair lift installed. We may have given it more consideration if it had bit more privacy and better access.
All was not lost because the first property the agent took us to was not even listed yet but would be this week.
This had absolutely everything we had dreamed of and yesterday before we left we went back on our own to take more photos and soak up the ambiance. Liz emailed the agent and told her we wanted to start negotiating.

The house, Loblolly Ridge, is a 3/2 with a fireplace. It's about 2 miles off the main highway on a good road and the last 1/4 mile on a stable unpaved lane.

Believe it or not the neighbor to the north is a golf course in the middle of no where. This property is part of a private association with dues of only $70 per year.

Here is the back yard and yes that is a jacuzzi.

The view off the rear deck is down the ridge to the private lake.

And here is a view of the members picnic area access to the lake. There are two docks like the one in the this view that would be perfect for a certain Yellow Lab that really enjoys jumping off them.

The possible asking price for this property might be $119,000 but the realtor thought there was room to negotiate.
I have posted three more photos in the next post.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
OMG John!! That is gorgeous!! So much nicer than the first one. I hope you guys get it!

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
The dock/lake would have me sold. :D

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Wow! I love it; it's much nicer than the first house. Are you ready to submit a bid?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
OMG that's Awesome!!! My husband would be in heaven with the trees and I would love the lake. And that's an awesome price too. Good luck with the negotiations

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you ready to submit a bid?
Waiting to hear from the realtor. It is supposed to be listed officially by Wednesday and yes we do plan to make an offer. The house is currently owned by a couple from Dallas who only used it as a weekend get-away.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Absolutely love it!! We will be keeping fingers and paws cross that the negotiating all goes well!!

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Be sure to read the private associations rules/regulations/bylaws carefully and be confident you're comfortable with them. Nothing worse than having your heart set on doing something and having a bunch of uptight busybodies telling you that you can't.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Be sure to read the private associations rules/regulations/bylaws carefully and be confident you're comfortable with them. Nothing worse than having your heart set on doing something and having a bunch of uptight busybodies telling you that you can't.
Will do for sure. At the picnic area there was a list of rules and I was expecting to see "No Dogs Allowed" but that wasn't on the list.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
It looks lovely. But I agree to be very careful reading association rules. Some of them can be draconian.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I like it MUCH better than the first one you posted. It's very charming.

For me thought, all the trees would be a downsell. I'm tired of trees. I'm tired of cleaning up after trees. My next home will not have all the woods/trees we have here. It's a LOT of work.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For me thought, all the trees would be a downsell.
Down here trees mean shade and shade means cooler and cooler means much lower energy bills. Of course they also fall over during hurricanes but maybe this location is far enough away from the coast so that won't be a problem.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
They mean the same thing where I live! But honestly, I am really sick of all the work. It's a lot. I'm dreading right now... getting out and cleaning up the winter limbs and leaves and burning. Takes me forever. I wish I could hire someone to do it, but I can't. No $$$ to do that.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
John, I think you and Liz have found your very own piece of heaven. It looks delightful. I hope it is meant to be!!!

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
PERFECT! I think I might have to move to Texas!! You know those broken down trailers you drove by...that's about what you get here for around that price! :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts