Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've lurked here for a awhile and have always been able to find answers to my questions (about bloat, good dog food, healthy treats, allergies, dang food recalls, etc) but I can't find anything about this funky topic. I'm hoping someone can help.

Our 4 year old "baby" has always been allowed on our bed. She gets down in the middle of the night to her own bed, but we love falling asleep with her and she jumps up in the morning to lick us awake. ;D

We recently got a Tempur-Pedic bed which was NOT CHEAP. It's basically a large block of foam, and we have the fancy little mattress pad that they sell with it too, but it doesn't really offer that much protection b/c it's pretty thin. Due to the cost and warranty it came with, we originally decided to not allow her up on the bed any more. However, three days of her resting her chin on the side of the bed with those sad brown eyes staring at us, and we're ready to crumble. ::)

Do any of you have this bed and allow your pup on it? Does that "tear" or puncture the foam? We're worried that her nails will tear the foam and ruin the warranty, but we SO want her back up with us. Thoughts or experiences?

TIA!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,694 Posts
Im really interested in hearing an answer to this. Sam wants a tempurpedic one day and he doesn't let apollo on our bed NOW cuz he doesn't wanna have to kick apollo off the bed once we get tempurpedic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
I have 3 of those beds and have no problem with Katie on any of them. Our first one is about 6-7 years old and is like the day we bought it. Our second one is 3 years old and our third one was custom made for our RV since that is what we are used to sleeping on. Katie has been on the bed since the day we got her 4 1/2 years ago and before that we had Storm and Garfield on it all the time. My son also has this bed and he has his german shepherd on it all day (she can have a clear view outside while laying on it) and the cats also. It is not like a waterbed, that I would worry about, but only because I have never had one. There is no way for the pets to ruin this bed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
While we don't have a full temur-pedic we did purchase a 3" tempur-pedic pad that we placed on our regular mattress under the mattress cover pad. Duke sleeps with us every night and I have not noticed any damage at all to the pad.
You may want to add a thicker pillow top type pad over the mattress for extra protection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,457 Posts
We have a Sleep Number bed with a 3" tempur-pedic foam topper and Shadow sleeps on the bed with me 95% of the time (the other 5% is when Bill is home ;)). Not a problem at all! Remember, you usually have a mattress pad, then sheets, and if they sleep on top of the covers you have that protection there, too. I don't think I'd let her up on the bare foam, but how likely is that to happen?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
we have the king sized tempurpedic (with protector) and i joke that jazz has the nicest, most comfortable dog bed out there. She loves it.. absolutely loves it.. (and so do we) I have had the bed over a year and it is still like new. Jazz sleeps in it every night and so far so good.. the mattress does not show any wear or "holes" from her claws :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,419 Posts
We have a kingsize waterbed, and our dogs all sleep on it..... Ginger gets under the covers too and sleeps ! We have a regular mattress cover on it and then the bottom sheet, nothing extra, and their nails have never hurt it....... the only time we got a hole in it was when a cat sunk his claws into it........ but it was easy enough to patch.

Melissa
;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,793 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

We have a dog and two cats and the same Tempur-Pedic cover, and we've never had a problem. I think as long as her nails are kept clipped and you have a cover on it you should be fine!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, everyone, for the feedback! I'm so relieved that no one has had problems with this. We miss her on the bed with us!

I thank you and Buddie especially thanks you. She'll be so happy tonight! :laugh:
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top