Just Labradors banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the "kids" (Belle, Kodi and Hoss) to the Muskegon Lake Obedience Training Club's temperament testing today, and all passed with flying colors! It was an interesting test, Belle was the first to pass (a Border collie could not recover form the gun fire before hand). Her only "glitch" was when the judge first walked up to us. Because (I think) the judge had an artificial leg, she had a rather peculiar gait. Belle barked and had her hackles up, but as soon as the judge was close, Belle was submissive, as though to say "oops, you are a nice person, I just didn't understand". After the test was completed, Belle greeted her in a very friendly manner). All three could have cared less about the opening umbrella, it was right after the gunfire, and my three were still loooking for the duck to fall out of the sky! I expected Hoss to react to the person acting "drunk" and running at us swinging a stick, but as the judge said, he had the "perfect" reaction for a Lab. He looked, did not back down, looked to me for guidence (i.e. should he react), and did not growl or anything.

I think the hardest part was not being able to talk to the dog at all! Hoss did, however, pee on a tree at one of the stations, but what do they expect, male dog, trees within 1 foot, can't talk or correct the dog....go figure! The judge said she had considered telling me to stop him (I could see it was going to happen), but she figured he would just pee on the umbrella (i.e cool judge!)

So, the kids "done" good!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts