Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She is driving me BONKERS!!! All she wants to do is play with/torture Frankie. She gets right in his face and BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK [email protected]&*#^([email protected]#^([email protected]^#([email protected] It's the most annoying, high pitched, play-with-me bark I've ever heard!

She better outgrow this fast or she's shipping out to California. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I'll see if I can get you an answer to that if you tell me how many more days I'm going to come home to find the lamp and the phone knocked off the table and behind the couch?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HA, that made me laugh out loud!! :D

43.6 more days.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Forgive if this is treading over familiar territory, but Aim: Is she getting enough exercise? Maybe she needs a good romp in the woods; session of tennis-ball retrieves; long swim. If its boredom, if you expend all that excess energy, she'll be too bashed to bark.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No treading, Dan. She gets a walk in the morning, another after work. If that's all she gets - the barking is longer and worse. If the backyard isn't a watery mudpit (like the last 2 WEEKS!) she retrieves tennis balls in the backyard and that helps tremendously. I've also been taking her in the river to swim (me on the bank, she on a 50 foot lead). That really wipes her out.

The weather has sucked lately so she hasn't been getting much. And I understand, that's why she does this, but will it ever end? I mean, Frankie and Tucker get the same exercise she does and they are perfectly content to just lie around. Not her, nooooooo, she needs to PLAY PLAY PLAY!!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I swear the ONLY time our Golden barks is if she hears something at night...like a coyote.
Shel, my girlfriends Golden is the same way. He never barks. Macy was crated alot at my sisters, and she would bark her fool head off for someone to let her out. They usually didn't (her kids, my sister wasn't home), so I'm pretty sure that's where it stems from. Poor baby girl. :(

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Shel, my girlfriends Golden is the same way. He never barks. Macy was crated alot at my sisters, and she would bark her fool head off for someone to let her out. They usually didn't (her kids, my sister wasn't home), so I'm pretty sure that's where it stems from. Poor baby girl. :(
Poor Macy...she is still pretty young so that is why she likes to PLAY :)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Send her here for Champ to play with! He's always bugging Buddy and the Budman just wants to chillax and hang out. Champ and Miss Mace-Face can play until they tire each other out!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea but Jackie, does Champ bark right in his face - over and over and over and over again? :eek:

Man! She would be the perfect dog if it wasn't for that!!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Yea but Jackie, does Champ bark right in his face - over and over and over and over again? :eek:

Man! She would be the perfect dog if it wasn't for that!!
No, he just keeps grabbing body parts and sliming them, so when you go to pet Buddy your hand either slides right off through a puddle of slobber, or gets stuck in dried slobber later. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Heh, Amy, it's going to take 3-6 more years. Or until she realizes that she can be more annoying and come sit by you and LEAN on you for petting.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Zoe is 5-1/2 and she STILL does this with Dutchie. Zoe loves to play chase and tug...when she first gets up in the morning. Poor Dutchie just has to pee!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NOOOOOOOO Sandy, don't say that! :eek:
Or until she realizes that she can be more annoying and come sit by you and LEAN on you for petting.
She's perfected The Lean. It's cute! :)

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I know Ivy is a different breed but she's nearly 4 and I doubt the barking will ever stop. She does the same thing to both Emily and Teddy. Loud, repetitive, barking. Drives us crazy.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
koda doesn't bother to ask, she just grabs tucker by the collar and yanks him around until he joins in.. good times.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.