Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due to upgrade on Tuesday.

I'm not sure what I want.

I want something with a full qwerty keyboard for texting. I want to be able to keep track of appointments and such.

I'm thinking of the Blackberry Bold, an iPhone or a LG Neon. But I'm not sure what to get.

DH has the iPhone and it is great. But I think it might be overkill for this stay at home mom. lol

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I have a Palm Treo - duly assigned to me by my employer. It sucketh as a phone but I can read my e-mail 24/7. whoo-hoo

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I have the AT&T Tilt. It's a windows mobile phone. It's good for texting because of the slide-out keyboard, and it syncs with outlook on my computer for all my contacts and calendar. I like it a lot, but it's been replaced at AT&T by the HTC Fuze. Here's a pic.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I currentl have an LG Venus, which I love.

I am not eligible to upgrade until September, the 16th to be exact. I am lusting after the Blackberry Storm. Definitely want the full keyboard because of how much texting I do.

Can't wait... am counting the weeks!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I have the LG Rumour, full qwerty keyboard, similar to pic above.. slides the same way. I get a free phone with Steve's company plan. he tried like hell to get me to take a BB, but I wanted that instead. I don't plan to ever use the browswe feature, but I have been texting a lot thanks to the kick ass keyboard. The keys are spaced far enough apart that you only hit one at a time . I am not a phone person, I just like it for convenience & emergencies.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I don't have a cell phone. But hubby and both boys do. Here's a little tip or two or three.

Our son moved back home from the US, two years into a cell phone contract. The buy out was insane. We tried everything to remedy paying high costs. He really couldn't use the phone here due to all the fees. They ended up lowering his monthly fees but we were still on the hook for the contract. Lesson learned.

Hubby was in need of a new phone, he had been due for an upgrade for several months. We did not want to get tied into another contract. It seemed the contract far out lives the life of the phones. So we called the provider and they said he could buy a phone, any phone they offer and they would take $150.00 off the price, no contract, nada. So thats what we did. I have no idea what phone he has.

Son #2, lost his phone on a flight out west in January. He phoned provider to cancel his phone. He didn't have a contract at the time. While he was gone the airline phoned and said his phone was found in Newfoundland and they could fly it back to Hamilton. We picked it up. After he returned from his trip 6 weeks later. He found a phone on kijijji (a $500.00++), bought it for $80.00 and called provider to start his service back up. Again no contract. His is one of those LG ones with the keyboard for texting. He loves it.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I just got a BB Storm. I like it. Of course, I still can't get Shazam on it, but other than that I like it.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I just got the LG Dare & I really like it. Son has the BB storm which he loves...but I thought it was too much for me. I don't have time to check my email & browse the web as it is. :)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I have a basic phone.

And a zillion scrippyscraps of paper that I try to write important things down on but then lose and go OH CRAP WHERE'S THAT SCRIPPYSCRAP and then I'm ready to call the person who was the subject of the scrippyscrap and apologize for not rememembering what it is I wanted to remember but then I find the scrippyscrap but it's been washed, as it sat in the pocket of my jeans for a week.....

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I've been lusting over the iPhone for a few months. My only two drawbacks are 1)the extra $30 a month for the required data plan, and 2) the texting...I'm not sure if the touch screen would drive me nuts or not. I figure if I do get it and hate it within 30 days I can exchange it.

The BB Bold looks pretty awesome too.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I have a Blackberry Curve 8320. I like it...makes it easy to surf the web, keep appts, email, and Denny has a BB so we can use the blackberry messenger back and forth without being charged for texts. You'd probably really like an iphone, too.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I like my curve
I'm a brick breaker addict
I get and respond to about 30-50 emails a day on it
and about 20 texts
I can organize my lists, and my appointments easily
I like the address book

and I don't think I know it all that well yet!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Don't have it handy, it's what ever my wife got us last time that was free, has a camera I almost never use, an MP3 player I put 30 of my favorite CD's on, and seldom listen to, some internet axcess, most important, "I can get doppler radar on it." Might keep them things from sneakin' up from behind on me.:D

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
I currentl have an LG Venus, which I love.

I am not eligible to upgrade until September, the 16th to be exact. I am lusting after the Blackberry Storm. Definitely want the full keyboard because of how much texting I do.

Can't wait... am counting the weeks!

:D :D :D
I had that phone.. I think the very first version, and it had sooo many problems. I got it replaced by Verizon for free and sold it right away... so I'm back to my LG enV, which has done me well! :) It's out of date, but the new version, enV2 is alright looking and flips open to the qwerty keyboard.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
I've been lusting over the iPhone for a few months. My only two drawbacks are 1)the extra $30 a month for the required data plan, and 2) the texting...I'm not sure if the touch screen would drive me nuts or not. I figure if I do get it and hate it within 30 days I can exchange it.

The BB Bold looks pretty awesome too.
It takes some getting used to, but the keyboard is pretty nice on the iPhones... I don't have one, but my friend does and I like it a lot! I want one!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts