Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am needing advice yet again.

HOW in the world do you get them to help out around the house!? I can't stand the "hang on" "in a minute" "I will" attitude. I want it done NOW!!!

:ugly: :ugly:

G

·
Beat their a$$es Talk to them in a very soft voice tone...don't speak too loud as you may upset them and you don't want to do this, this will only cause them to get angry and bite...Oh, we're talking about teenagers :laugh:

Yeah, to the above :laugh:
BigBrownDog said:
Make a list - set a time limit. Here is your list, you have until 4:30 to get it done or you will be in tonight. Works for me.
I agree, if not punishment and stick to your words, don't ever go back...that's a big no, no...I know when my mom said something, she meant business and we did it. My mom would also take things away from us and that worked too, like computers, tv, radios, things that we enjoyed and she knew would upset us.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tundra Aries said:
Beat their a$$es Talk to them in a very soft voice tone...don't speak too loud as you may upset them and you don't want to do this, this will only cause them to get angry and bite...Oh, we're talking about teenagers :laugh:

Yeah, to the above :laugh:
BigBrownDog said:
Make a list - set a time limit. Here is your list, you have until 4:30 to get it done or you will be in tonight. Works for me.
I agree, if not punishment and stick to your words, don't ever go back...that's a big no, no...I know when my mom said something, she meant business and we did it.
:laugh: beat their...I love it

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Turnabout is fair play.

Like most teens our 15 y.o. will give guff about doing something 'later' and 'later' may eventually becomes defined as 'never.' "TCH -- DA-AD!! I'm too BUSY...." or "I don't FEEL like it..."

And so the next time she needs picking up from dance class -- I will be ju-u-st a little late. Leaving her shivering in the cold. And she'll wail: "WHERE WERE YOU!?!?!"

And I'll calmly reply: "I was too busy to be on time.... or maybe I wasn't too busy but didn't FEEL like being on time...."

She's a smart kid.

She gets it.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Wait until they move out, then you can have a clean house?

G

·
no, don't do it...they see it getting done and don't think anything of it and think you don't mean business, I rememeber being a kid and teenage like it was yesterday, I will tell you that's how they think, they don't think it's important and if you don't mean business, they'll walk on you, when you say now, you have to show them you mean now, start taking things away from them, punishment I say always worked in my moms house, yes and a beating that I got :laugh: Not saying you should beat them, that's just what my mom did.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tundra Aries said:
MidwestGirl said:
Tundra Aries said:
Allie said:
Wait until they move out, then you can have a clean house?
:laugh: Yeah, that too.
:D yeah one of them said that this morning...the moving out part :confused:
How old are they? Walk them to the front door in their undies and tell them don't mind the cold, you'll get used to it :laugh:
ROFL you are killing me...the mouthy one this morning is 17 graduates in May if he lives that long :laugh:

G

·
Oh, I could tell you a lot of things that come to mind, but I may get in trouble...my kids are in for it...my mom made a monster out of me, my mom once told me to pack my suitcase because I'm going to the bad boys and girls home, we used to pass a school on the parkway that she told us was it and I believed it :laugh:

I really believe in sticking to what you say, that's a big thing, I know the mess bothers you, I'm the same way, if it's their stuff that they're not putting away, I think you should take it away for 2 weeks and if it happens the next time, they're up to a month, after that it goes in the garbage and you can say bye, bye to it (that to me is being nice, my mom would just take it and donate it or something :laugh: )...it's just hard because they're older, but they do test, I did, that's what kids do even at that age.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My biggest gripe is the dishes and taking the trash out. Well we have paid for trash service and there sat the trash still in the garage. As for the dishes I can't see my countertop at the moment :ugly:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Honestly, if he's 17 and hasn't learned to clean or pick up after himself by now....

Good luck with that though. :gum:
:laugh:

G

·
MidwestGirl said:
My biggest gripe is the dishes and taking the trash out. Well we have paid for trash service and there sat the trash still in the garage. As for the dishes I can't see my countertop at the moment :ugly:
Take the garbage and the dirty dishes and put it on their bed or in their bedrooms, WAIT, can we do that :laugh:

G

·
MidwestGirl said:
Okay, back to square one, beat their asses...just sayin... :laugh:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts