Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(UPDATE)

When I got home yesterday he was fine. I gave him a bath and he was running around like crazy. So we played a 30 min game of fetch and then we went for a run/walk. And he did fine last night and so far this morning. Lucky Cody is getting home early today so there will be someone home to check on him mid afternoon. But I am sure everything is ok. I just think he ate something in the yard or on one of our walks. Thanks for the good thoughts.

When I got home yesterday he had thrown up in his crate. A LOT. And last night he had diarrhea. Last night he was fine. We played fetch and we cuddle in the chair. But this morning when I was cleaning him and the crate he just didn't seem like him self.

Talk with Cody right now to see if I should wait till I get home tonight and see how he is before taking him to the VET. I am thinking he ate something while our in the yard yesterday morning and he has his stomach messed up.

So some good thoughts please that he feels better when I get home. I am not taking a lunch today so that I can get home an hour early tonight.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Re: Tater is sick.......

Awww, poor bubby. :(
I hope he feels better today.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well would it be a good idea that tonight I make him some rice? Maybe his dog food made him upset. I know it wasnt on the recall list. But would rice be a good idea just to make sure he is over this before feeding him his food again?

·
Registered
6,645 Posts

Poor Tater. I hope it's nothing serious. Sending good thoughts. I would give him just rice and boiled chicken.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

When Scout has stomach problems, I call my vet and get their advice about if to feed, when, and what. That way they already know too if I call back later needing an appt.

I hope Tater is feeling better soon.

(The video you posted of him playing with Cody - it's cute how Tater keeps coming back to him as if to say "don't stop playing with me!")

·
Registered
2,775 Posts

Awwwwwwwwww poor Tater. I would give him alittle boiled chicken/rice, and see how he is on that. He could have a tummy bug.

We though Sassy had a tummy bug last week I feed her chicken/rice for 2 days and she was fine. But we found out it wasn't the tummy bug the stuiped neighbor was giving her "cookies" :mad:.

BTW Tater is one handsome big guy, Give him a smooch for me. :-*

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

hope you get feeling better real soon,Tater

·
Registered
4,364 Posts

Hope Tater feels well soon.

I'd call the vet and ask what to do. In a situation like that my vet usually suggests rice and boiled chicken. And to make sure he is drinking a lot of water.

Get well soon Tater!!!

·
Registered
12,928 Posts

Were the swimming pics recent? If he drank any of the water, it will sometimes cause a tummy upset. boiled hamburger or chicken with rice.....if it still persists; see the vet. Definitely see the vet if he is refusing the food.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts

Hope he's feeling better. We find that when Hudler is sick (vomitting or diarhea) he'll normally stop eating on his own for about a day.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts

Sam, I just wanted to add, Molly was sick last week. We were training her & she did swim in a large pond. Abby didn't swim because she still had stitiches in. I worried about the food but Abby was fine. (They eat the same thing) SU took her to the vet, all her bloodwork was normal, no temp. So it was either a virus or what I suspect....the pond water.

When she first threw up we made the mistake of feeding her. So each time she had eaten, several hours later she threw up. The vet said to not feed her for 12 hours & then give boiled ground meat or chicken & rice. I boiled ground round & mixed it with white rice. Molly ate that for several days & then we started her gradually back on her food. She has been fine. She also was on Reglan, from the vet.

Hope Tater is feeling better today.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts

Awww hope Tater man is feeling better soon.

(from experience I'd say fast him for 12 hrs if he throws up again)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts