Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is acting fine but he can not stop farting and he just went outside for bathroom break and he had diarrhea three times. NOTHING SOLID.

Now he is farting and I had to finally take him outside because the house smells so bad. I just gave him some rice for dinner.

This morning when I put his food out he drink the water but did not really touch his food. He has eaten the food threw out the day. And Cody just put the rice down and he didn't eat it. He is acting like him self but oMG I can not take the farting anymore. Gotta go take him out again. Poor guy he swats but nothing is coming out now.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Do not feed him anymore today. Let the gut rest and get a stool sample into the vet tomorrow.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the thing that gets me is he is acting fine. Running around and BUTT TUCKING in the house. But Good lord these farts are going to make me sick.

Do you think its this whole Dog Food recall carp? He is eating out of a new bag of Pedigree Adult Dog Food. The green bag. Its what he has always eaten. (he had to puupy chow when he was younger)

I Will keep an eye on him. I took up the rice since he wasnt eating it. I just feel bad because he has never been sick before and I dont know how to make it stop.

OK well I just threw up (bad smells make me sick) Thank you Laura for responding so quick. I wil give an update later tonight or in the morning. That is if I am not at the VET.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I would fast Tater for 24hrs and then start him back on something bland, eg boiled rice and chicken, for a couple of days. If he stops being his usual self in other ways though I think a trip to the vet might be a good idea.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I hope Tater feels better soon. And you too. Boy, alot of our labs have had tummy issues lately. Keep us updated please.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Boy, alot of our labs have had tummy issues lately.
Yea, what IS UP with that?!

Sam, have you given him anything at all different? We're having problems with Tucker right now, too. I hope Tater is OK. :angel:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Must be something going on. Zoey has been farting all day and 10 minutes ago she puked up a big mess, about 2 lbs of kibbles and grass. Merlot is fine.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I might have an answer. Do you walk your dog on freshly fertelized lawns? Everyone in my neighborhood had the lawn spreaders out Saturday with weed control, and even though I walk them in the street, they do walk on the lawns a little. Then they come inside and lick their paws. This might be the problem ???

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Merlot_1 said:
Ok, I might have an answer. Do you walk your dog on freshly fertelized lawns? Everyone in my neighborhood had the lawn spreaders out Saturday with weed control, and even though I walk them in the street, they do walk on the lawns a little. Then they come inside and lick their paws. This might be the problem ???
ooooh, that might be gabby's issue!

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Merlot_1 said:
That sounds likely because this is the time of year folks put down their fertilizer.

I would take Tater to the vet tomorrow. Tal has a real case of dirrhea a few weeks ago and turned out he had a bacterial infection. I think it was from him eating some goose poop when we were at the park. My vet gave him an antibiotic and something to help him control his bowel since he had no control at all! The vet also gave him a prescription Science Diet for him to eat for 3 days. Tal was behaving normally in all other ways too.

I agree with the others too....give him a bland diet for the next 24 hours at least. Good luck and keep us posted!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts