Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been trying him here and there with different ways to let him sleep with us upstairs. Well he has been known to walk around and it keeps me up (light sleeper sometimes). So what I did was built a little fort like thing on my side of the bed. This way he knows he is suppose to sleep on my side of the bed on his bed.

The dresser is right there on my side and where the end of the dresser and the bed are I put the baby gate. That way he stays there (he now knows that is where he is suppose to sleep.) Last night he almost made it all night. He woke up around 4:30 with licking my face then he barked, So I took him out thinking he had to go bathroom. Brought him back up stairs with me and he just couldnt settle. I thought it was a good time to take him to his crate. So this has been working out. He will be sleeping with us again tonight.

Just wanted to share that he is doing better. I am looking for a thinner bed for him, he doesnt seem to like his big fluffy bed. Also he scared the crap out of me last night. Under the window by the bed i have a little bench thing I sit on and read or whatever. Well I happen to roll over and look at the window and there he was, all I saw was a shadow and it scarred me. I think he has been sleeping on this. But it really isnt big enough for him. But its fine if that keeps him being a good boy.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Oh I am so glad you are giving him a shot out of the crate at night, how wonderful! Keep working with him he will get the hang of it.

I don't know if you'd be comfortable with this but I am also a light sleeper so I wear earplugs. If there is a problem DH hears it and gets up and I sleep right through the night. ;D

(I don't wear them when DH is out of town, and won't wear them anymore once the baby comes.)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Funny Sam, I was thinking about him this morning. I was going to ask you about that today. :)
Good boy, Tater!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jzgrlduff said:
Funny Sam, I was thinking about him this morning. I was going to ask you about that today. :)
Good boy, Tater!
Yeah I was going to do the bathroom thing but I couldnt find the toilet things that will keep him from flipping it up. But I added a extra game of fetch with his favorite ball. And I added 1/2 a mile to our run at night. Hoping this will really make him tired. Plus him and Cody had a long round of bitey face last night....hehe Cody and him were playing on the bed right before bedtime. I am sure tonight and this weekend will be better since we stay up later and he goes swimming Saturday and Sunday.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
And I added 1/2 a mile to our run at night.
That might be too much for him, no? I thought you weren't supposed to run with a lab until he's at least 2, because of the stress to his joints.

I could be (probably am) wrong though.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jzgrlduff said:
And I added 1/2 a mile to our run at night.
That might be too much for him, no? I thought you weren't supposed to run with a lab until he's at least 2, because of the stress to his joints.

I could be (probably am) wrong though.
The vet told me it was no different then him running around in the yard. Plus when we run he runs in the edge of the grass while I run in the road. Had his hips checked last time at the VET and all was good. Told him that I run 1 1/2 - 2 miles with him.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WeHeartLabs said:
I love swim nights...the dogs and the kids crash hard :laugh:
Susan I do too. Both Cody and the dog sleep it is great. This weeked he will be swimming in the lake with Bama. I might see about taking him to the beach sunday for a few hours. Hasnt been yet this year.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Swimming! Yes! We leave for the beach on Sunday with the dogs. Can't wait to tire them out with swimming and walking on the beach. Six days of bliss. :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Glad to hear Tater is being a good boy, I am sure he is much more happy sleeping near you also. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts