Just Labradors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thailand to China. Tammy/Victor are absolutely in their element. The teams go to Guilin. Tam's been there on Spring Break. Hah!

The WeeMen are still being penalized. They depart a full four hours after Team No. 1. And they've got a Speed Bump to deal with.

Tensions flare between Kisha/Ken and Margie/Luke. Lots of pushing and shoving at the clue boxes. As I saw it, there was really blame on both teams' parts. But of course, neither sees it that way.

Roadblock task involves fishing with ducks (which is a heckuva lot harder than ducking fish!). Detour is either learn a dance or learn calligraphy. The cheerleaders dance, while everyone else paints -- er, trails behind Tammy/Vic as they speak Mandarin and breeze their way through.

The Boyz must also wash the hair of some little old ladies. Ew.

Kisha/Jen, Tammy/Victor, and Margie/Luke all arrive at the mat within seconds of each other, and Margie blows her top. Kisha/Jen find it funny, and Marge goes even more ballistic, trying to liken the hardships that Luke has faced as a non-hearing person in a hearing world to Kisha/Jen's challenges as black people, which I find mildly racist at worst and a totally laughable logic at best.

Phil tries to mitigate. Tammy/Victor look like they'd rather be on Mars than in the middle of this screeching. And the cute couple who are seated at a table drinking tea and listening to a battle in a language they do not undestand merely smile and continue sipping. Hee.

Everyone eventually calms down, amid a bunch of game-on/gloves-off chatter.

The Boyz are last and sent home. 'Bout time. I wanted to like them in a Jon/Al CircusBros kind of way, but..... no.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I'm so glad those brothers are gone. Could not stand them. The one was nearly killing that poor woman with the shampoo and thought he was giving her the best massage ever - "oh yeah, she's smiling."

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I officially hate Margie and Luke. Yes, there was pushing and shoving by both sides, which the girls would have admitted, but Luke's the one who through the elbow at the first clue box and pushed her hard at the second. Then Luke makes the sarcastic comment how it's not nice to call a deaf kid a *****. So apparently the deaf thing shouldn't be an issue until you need to use it for something. Margie needs to let Luke fight his own battles and stop defending him like he's 4 years old.

You throw the anonymous roadblock and last weeks faulty directions on top, and Margie/Luke have officially become the nasty duo of this season. I really had Victor/Tammy has my team to hate, but their total lack of any ability to deal socially with other humans has taken a back seat to Margie/Luke.

I think I'm not supposed to like the cheerleaders since they are clearly the "ugly american" team this year, but I kinda appreciate their frustration over stuff like the dance judges, and at least they realize that the one of them doesn't deal with it very well. I'd also like to hate them since they are beautiful cheerleaders, but I just can't quite do it.

This season's finally getting good since the nasty is starting to come out. Much better than 10 teams of really nice people holding doors for each other and saving seats on planes.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
let Luke fight his own battles and stop defending him like he's 4 years old
werd!

I really had Victor/Tammy has my team to hate, but their total lack of any ability to deal socially with other humans has taken a back seat to Margie/Luke.
I have been gaining respect for them -- especially Victor -- since his meltdown in Romania. He seems to have learned a lot about encouraging his sister to take the lead and work as a unit.

I think I'm not supposed to like the cheerleaders since they are clearly the "ugly american" team this year, but I kinda appreciate their frustration over stuff like the dance judges, and at least they realize that the one of them doesn't deal with it very well. I'd also like to hate them since they are beautiful cheerleaders, but I just can't quite do it.
werdy-werd!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Interesting article. I miss them, I liked the way they actually seemed to look around and appreciate the places they visited.

I'm not too surprised that they don't go into everybody's sexual orientation. It may be "reality" tv but every person fills some sort of niche in the casting. Cute guy, hick, gay guy, bitchy girl, munchkin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.