Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG -- We roared laughter over this episode. So many klassic komedy moments. Finally, Season 14 has come alive.

Mike/Mark leave in last place. They lag behind everyone else on the way to Phucket, India. Bearing only a photo of gorilla statue, they've got to find it. King Kong jokes abound, as does Mel's godawful pun about a Mai Tai.

Turns out the gorilla is an icon at the local zoo. All teams rush there, execpt Mel/Mike, whose cabbie thinks it's at the beach. They go to the beach -- alone. And -- DUH! -- even when they're TOLD it's at the zoo, they continue looking at the beach. Until a SECOND guy confirms the zoo locale, and then they scurry.

At the zoo, teams need to get their pix taken w/a tiger. And then let an elephant fart on them.

Then it's off to a chemists, where, in a truly annoying task, they've got to get the elderly proprietor to open one of 99 drawers, one at a time, looking for clues. There's a major bunch here, and Jamie/Cara fall three positions when they can't find a clue, and begin shouting at the druggist in increasingly shreaky voices because that's clearly helpful.

Detour - Pull your teammate on a rickshaw 2 miles in the searing heat. Or help a fishing expedition prepare to set sail. The latter involves moving barrels and filling others w/water. Kisha/Jen and Mel/Mike are the only two teams choosing this option, and Kisha/Jen make the mistake of not filling the barrels CONCURRENTLY with moving the empty ones.

Mike/Mark are zooming through this leg. But on the rickshaw task, they try to foil the competitors by tossing a bunch of tire pumps -- necessary to fully inflate one tire -- into a box haphazardly, hoping that the teams don't notice them at all.

They don't, and it makes the task that much harder. Victor struggles, but in his awesome elderbro lawyerliness, he doesn't even give Tammy a chance to pull. Margie/Luke also struggle, mostly because he can't hear her directions and, in holding the handle too high, is in constant danger of spilling her onto the roadway.

Mark/Mike employ another "time saver," asking a cabbie to lead them to the pitstop.

And for these two infractions -- pump interference and cabbie cheating -- they're zapped 60 mins in penalties.

Just enough to let Tammy/Victor scrabble into first place and take a cool trip from right out of the hands of the Tweedles.

Margie faints at the mat, exhausted and over-heated. She's better, though, after the dramatic break for a commecial, when they've had a chance to lower her body temp.

And Mel/Mike, never quite able to recover from the beach mis-direction, are sent home.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pushing the finale to May sweeps??

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Country music awards are on CBS next Sunday.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I watched the Elimination Station which unfortunately barely focused on Mel and Mike. They chose to show how Preston and his GF (the first team eliminated) are getting on each other's nerves (and mine)!

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I was deeply saddened by TAR last night, and disappointed. It is so wrong to see a majestic tiger with a chain around it's neck, being poked in the face with a stick. Heartbreaking. And I wonder how they "train" those elephants...I am betting it's not very humane. =(

A big "Boo" from me on that one.

And Jamie, you apply to compete on a show who's premise and objective is global travel... yet you "hate the foreign language thing"? *****. much?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
It looked like to me the trainer had his arm hidden under his shirt, like he was playing a trick on the Racers. I kept seeing an arm-like lump under his shirt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts