Just Labradors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The episode begins again in Salzburg, where the teams have used the rest period to wipe the cherry pie filling off their mugs. Thankfully.

Tammy/Victor are first out of the blocks, heading to Romania. They've got to connect to Munich by train and jet off from there.

T/V are sitting pretty on the way to Bucharest, having snagged seats on the earliest of the early flights, thanks to some luck, some help from Austrians on the train, and their lead. But. The plane has issues and must return to Munich Airport. Dang.

Meanwhile, Brad/Victoria, the awesomely awesome 'elder' couple, try to connect to Romania through Amsterdam. And the plan completely jumps the tracks when they miss the connection. The next plane isn't 'til morning, so Brad's whine that "I'm not staying in the Amsterdam Airport overnight" turns out to be, well, yes you are.

And, cutting to the chase, the delay becomes a series of dominoes that put them WAY behind everyone else -- to the point that they're finishing up the Detour in the dark and arrive at the mat last.

SNIP!

The other teams all make it to Romania and, in a fun Roadblock, must play at gymnastics, where Mike of Mel/Mike looks downright scary in a leo. And one of the ladies (can't remember who) proves comedically inept at doing a cartwheel. Not that I could blame her. I couldn't do one, either.

Off to Transylvania. Detour is a choice between helping a family move the entire contents of its home (using a horse-drawn cart) or playng Van Helsing in a Dracula-themed hunt that involves dragging coffins and impaling wooden frames, looking for a flag. Amid the gore.

T/V completely jump the tracks here, following the wrong set of route markers. The trail that they're on leads them higher and higher into the mountains, and Tammy says a zillion times that she believes they've made a horrid mistake and are bleeding time (appropriate for this leg, no?) and that they should turn back. Right around the time they're about to approach a twirling, singing nun on the hillside, Victor relents, admits that perhaps his sister may know SOMETHING (well, actually, no -- it's more that he gets tired of what he perceives to be her whining), and they turn back.

Finding the right markers, they get going on the task. And Tammy wins I TOLD YOU SO rights over her elder bro until the year 2051.

Amanda/Kris do the move end of this, where the merry music alone would be enough to drive you insane. They also hit a snag when they misplace their fannypacks. Once found, the team is off to the bathmat, but not before we learn that a high-five apparently does NOT cross international borders in terms of understanding.

Mel/Mike float to a first-place finish.

Amanda/Kris' last-minute fumble with the bags knocks them to second.

Tammy/Victor aren't through with difficulty, as they lose a key that's key to the coffin task. INCREDIBLY (karma finally taking pity, I suppose), Vic finds it in a pile of leaves. They struggle to the mat, where Phil plays them just a bit: "I've got bad news -- you're last, by SECOND!" Oh, Phil. Badboy!

Brad/Victoria arrive well after everyone else (we wondered whether the Producers would go get them mid-task and stop them) and are nicked.

Just noticed this: If the teams scrambled up and were re-assigned partners (ala a Survivor tribeswitch), how funny would it be for Victor to get pared with Victoria, making the second Julie Andrews mention in this recap.....

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I wanted to throttle Victor. I hope he's learned his lesson, pompous dumbass. I felt kind of bad for Tammy not being able to do a somersault, I mean, really? A cartwheel, maybe, but a somersault? And that whole fiasco in the woods with the coffin. It reinforces my belief that book-smart and common sense/life-smart are NOT mutually exclusive.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I am officially tired of deaf kid. His mom's ok, but this whole "we're going to show the world that deaf people can do things" mantra is starting to get to me. Really, this isn't 1950 and I have to think that people have grasped the fact that deaf means you can't hear, not that you are mentally disabled in some way.

Every season needs an ass, and Victor is certainly filling the role.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts